Disgusted

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DarloOnTheUp
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Disgusted

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:To be fair, if he's got a stutter, then what is he doing on the radio? It's like hiring a one-armed man to fix your car.
Oh my god. I can't believe you've just typed. Having a stutter is not a handicap you idiot. He has as much right to go on the radio as everyone else.
I didn't say he had a handicap, so get off your high horse. I merely pointed out that if he has a problem talking clearly then he shouldn't be doing something which requires (most importantly of all) a clear talking voice.

Where do you draw the line? Perhaps it would be OK in your eyes to have a mute on the radio? How about a cow?
Last edited by DarloOnTheUp on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:01 pm

hodgie1 wrote:how do u know that a one armed man couldnt fix your car?
Hodgie don't even go down that road because you'll just get destroyed man. It's not worth the damage to your reputation.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

jjmick

Post by jjmick » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Darlo_Rob wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:To be fair, if he's got a stutter, then what is he doing on the radio? It's like hiring a one-armed man to fix your car.
Oh my god. I can't believe you've just typed. Having a stutter is not a handicap you idiot. He has as much right to go on the radio as everyone else.
I didn't say he had a handicap, so get off your high horse. I merely pointed out that if he has a problem talking clearly then he shouldn't be doing something which requires (most importantly of all) a clear talking voice.
That's not the point. They're discussing the morals of taking the piss out of the stammer.
Darlo till I die!!

magic1

Disgusted

Post by magic1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:04 pm

This thread is bollocks. People have opinions about everything in the world, you don't have to agree with them as they're only opinions. If you're that bothered by what people say then just ignore them, it's a forum for people to express their views. Quakerz and co said what they wanted, doesn't make them right or wrong it's just what they thought. I don't agree with some of the things that are said but it's all about opinions, so people stop bitching and get on with the matter in hand which is getting behind the team

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Darlo_Rob wrote:Quakerz you absolute weasel. Re read the match thread you were ridiculing him long before you said anything about him talking too much.
Halfway through the game you say you noticed his stammer, 9 minutes into the game you took the piss.

Have some grace and apologise.
No, I never said that I made no comments. I said it took me until half way through the match until I REALISED that he was a stammerer. Like I said, not that you'd read it, I just thought he was so keen to talk over Ray that he was getting tongue tied, which is why it was annoying me!

Anyway, fuck you.
Nice retort. You've obviously lost the argument so resort to more abuse.

Did you not type Garry, Garry, Garry M-Mann? Thanks. 9 minutes into the game. Seems plain to me this is where you start having a go.

With you trying to justify yourself on this thread, I'm sure you will have gone down in a lot of posters estimation.

Moderators, for not having the humility to apologise, I say ban him for 7 days.
I did not realise at that point that (in your words) he was "handicapped" with a stutter - I simply was annoyed by him stuttering through. I just thought he was fucking everything up and therefore annoying me.

Prove otherwise.
Last edited by Quakerz on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Quakerz wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:
Darlo_Rob wrote:Quakerz you absolute weasel. Re read the match thread you were ridiculing him long before you said anything about him talking too much.
Halfway through the game you say you noticed his stammer, 9 minutes into the game you took the piss.

quote from quakerz at 3:06 'Who is, who is, who is, the er co-er-commentator'?

long before you mentioned he was talkin too much - banged to rights i think
It had not occurred to me at that point that he was a stammerer. It actually hadn't, and you can choose to believe that or not, it's up to you. I just thought he was being over excited and flustered. Most people I know stutter occasionally in the heat of the moment.

You've proven nothing.
of course i have, by typing the way u did indicates that u r taking the piss out of his stammer -

jjmick

Post by jjmick » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:06 pm

hodgie1 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:

It had not occurred to me at that point that he was a stammerer. It actually hadn't, and you can choose to believe that or not, it's up to you. I just thought he was being over excited and flustered. Most people I know stutter occasionally in the heat of the moment.

You've proven nothing.
of course i have, by typing the way u did indicates that u r taking the piss out of his stammer -
FFS man, he didn't know it was a stammer at that point.
Darlo till I die!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:06 pm

hodgie1 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:

You've proven nothing.
I was taking the piss out of his s*** commentary

Prove otherwise.

jjmick

Post by jjmick » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:07 pm

He should still apologise though.
Darlo till I die!!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm

jjmick wrote:He should still apologise though.
Why?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Why? I said what I said because his commentary grated on me.

To be fair, he's obviously knowledgeable though.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:10 pm

jjmick wrote: That's not the point. They're discussing the morals of taking the piss out of the stammer.
It's totally the point as they weren't taking the piss out of him just to be dicks. They were annoyed at the s*** quality commentary.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Quakerz wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:how do u know that a one armed man couldnt fix your car?
Hodgie don't even go down that road because you'll just get destroyed man. It's not worth the damage to your reputation.
i have seen a blokey wih one arm fix a car, he was slower but he managed, it was many yrs ago at rehab centre in preston, ive also seen people feed themselves with their feet, paint with mouth, and feet, look at kristy browne - everyone in life deserves a chance and shouldnt be automatically written off, thats all im saying

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:13 pm

hodgie1 wrote:he wasnt hired, he did it for nowt, he should be given the same chance as anyone else, how do u know that a one armed man couldnt fix your car?
It was a hypothetical question used to prove a point. Just for you then, would you hire a mute to work on the radio? Surely they should be given the same chance as anyone else?

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Quakers you try to justify it. Not many on here will believe you, just those who for some reason hang on your every word. You're an offensive bully, but I suppose everyone knew that before I started this thread.

jjmick

Post by jjmick » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:14 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
jjmick wrote: That's not the point. They're discussing the morals of taking the piss out of the stammer.
It's totally the point as they weren't taking the piss out of him just to be dicks. They were annoyed at the s*** quality commentary.
But quoting things he said in commentary in the way that takes the piss out of a stutter e.g. "Ru-ru-ruined our gameplan" would probably cause offence to people with a stutter e.g. hodgie1, therefore he should apologise
Darlo till I die!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:16 pm

hodgie a one armed man cannot be a proficient mechanic, a job where you definitely need the use of two hands in most circumstances.

Sure, the one armed guy performed a carefully selected task that could be completed with one arm but those tasks will be few and far between.

If I have an ingrown toenail I don't need to see the doctor to diagnose this, I could diagnose it myself. Using your logic, does this make me a Doctor?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:Quakers you try to justify it. Not many on here will believe you, just those who for some reason hang on your every word. You're an offensive bully, but I suppose everyone knew that before I started this thread.
I don't have to justify fuck all. I said what I said and that is it. You didn't like it and that is your entitlement.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:21 pm

well, actually yes, as in theory he could sign then a speaking person could relay what the mute was saying, if a mute applied to commentate on footie, and proved that with the aid of a speaking person he could do the job, then the radio station couldnt not give him the job because hes a mute, its called 'reasonable adjustment' in law

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Paul

I know that you did not realise that the guy had a speech impediment, but now that you do, you should undoubtedly apologise.

If you had a special needs kid and someone took the piss out of them, then I know that you would justifiably be angry.

Everyone makes mistakes............ you will get a hell of a lot more respect if you do the right thing.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:24 pm

hodgie1 wrote:well, actually yes, as in theory he could sign then a speaking person could relay what the mute was saying, if a mute applied to commentate on footie, and proved that with the aid of a speaking person he could do the job, then the radio station couldnt not give him the job because hes a mute, its called 'reasonable adjustment' in law
I hate this country sometimes.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:25 pm

This just getting plain silly.

FFS all of you grow up!

I'm pissed at everyone on here, including Q and hodgie1

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:26 pm

You're right I didn't like it, I found it offensive and abusive and you were discrimatory (yes that's right it falls into the same bracket as racism). Those that posted similar things should be punished with a short ban.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Quakerz wrote:hodgie a one armed man cannot be a proficient mechanic, a job where you definitely need the use of two hands in most circumstances.

Sure, the one armed guy performed a carefully selected task that could be completed with one arm but those tasks will be few and far between.

If I have an ingrown toenail I don't need to see the doctor to diagnose this, I could diagnose it myself. Using your logic, does this make me a Doctor?
yep, u r right to an extent, but the aforementioned guy had something to prove, later he bought a garage and hired people, so then he could train/show them how to be a mechanic

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Can someone put this in fight club please!

What a pathetic thread!

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 pm

comeondarlo wrote:This just getting plain silly.

FFS all of you grow up!

I'm pissed at everyone on here, including Q and hodgie1
why its an interesting convo,

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:Paul

I know that you did not realise that the guy had a speech impediment, but now that you do, you should undoubtedly apologise.

If you had a special needs kid and someone took the piss out of them, then I know that you would justifiably be angry.

Everyone makes mistakes............ you will get a hell of a lot more respect if you do the right thing.

DC
I've tried to be honest and it took me until the second half to click on that he had a speech problem, even when I said "his stammering is grating on me" I still didn't think "oh hang on, he actually has a stammer" to myself. I just presumed that he was being crap today. I presumed that because he talked so much that he just kept on fucking up. And it annoyed me. What else can I say?

I'm not going to say this anymore, I was criticising his commentary
Last edited by Quakerz on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:You're right I didn't like it, I found it offensive and abusive and you were discrimatory (yes that's right it falls into the same bracket as racism). Those that posted similar things should be punished with a short ban.
One trick pony, broken record etc etc.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:31 pm

It's an arguement about fuck all, now the PC crowd have turned up; it's doing my head in!

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:33 pm

comeondarlo wrote:Can someone put this in fight club please!

What a pathetic thread!
Why do you think abusing someone who stammers pathetic?

At least we've proved tonight what a scumbag Quakerz actually is.