www.blundelltosincil.co.uk

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TS3
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: www.blundelltosincil.co.uk

Post by TS3 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:43 pm

number_one wrote:A two bit club going out of business with a town that on the whole couldn't care less following a model that will satisfy a few people here and there with a ground where more starlings roost than fans turn up on matchday has the luxury of some fans arranging a fundraising event, typical of DFC they fall out and use social media to bitch at each other. One an old age cocksocket has alienated himself (and sounds more like Forster with every day) so much so that DFC's very own equivelent to Eddie the Eagle has won the popularity stakes but in truth any glory that could have been taken from this has long gone and it yet another embarrasment for the club.
This just about sums everything up.

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:13 pm

ted_do wrote:
snowscape wrote:Having done my distance, stamina and leg muscle training, I am just doing short rides in high gear, to keep in shape for Monday. Not a particularly great day today, windy and wet, but a taste of what's to come on Monday.

One last fundraising push should get the figure up to £1k, which is 10 shares worth.

BRING IT ON.
Snowy any chance of helping Andy out with a lift and a bike :?:

This whole situation could still have a happy ending :thumbup:
If you have been following this ride blog., on here & BttB, you will see that I have tried on a number of occasions to get AP back on side, without success, so having decided to try to walk to Grimsby/Lincoln, I can't see him accepting any assistance from me - anyway, when I set off at 5am. on Monday, he should be nearly there.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Putting all the internet rubbish aside its plain daft that two Darlo fans cant team up to complete this ride, Its just not morally right that Snowscape is driving down from Darlo and doing the bike ride whilst Andy is planning on walking, it would also make the rest of the Darlo family sleep a little easier knowing that Andy is not in danger by trying to walk to Lincoln.

We are all part of the same community can you both not just swallow some pride and do this, afterwards you don`t have to ever talk to each other again.

You will both come out with some credit if you could put your differences aside and work together, but I cant make you do it its up to you.

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Had a last fund-raising push in the RG this pm. Instead of being a 'shy bairn gets nowt', I got into their faces and got a bucket full of donations, which when counted, will be deposited through www.blundelltosincil.co.uk.

I put up enlarged photo's of myself & MERLIN from 1962 and 2012 with a poster for the ride. I also put leaflets on all the tables, gave people time to read them, then went collecting.

I also spoke to a reporter and a photographer from Grimsby Telegraph, and they will meet me at Blundell Park, do an interview and pics, and do an article in GT, together with my web/payments site details, try and drum up some additional funds.

I expected criticism, but most people were very supportive, and generous. Even people who had sponsored AP were polite in declining my support request.

It was a good day all round. I will be doing a short training ride tomorrow, to keep me knees bendy and test/check MERLIN, then it will be an early night, ready for a 5am. departure on Sunday.

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Had a last fund-raising push in the RG this pm. Instead of being a 'shy bairn gets nowt', I got into their faces and got a bucket full of donations, which when counted, will be deposited through http://www.blundelltosincil.co.uk.

I put up enlarged photo's of myself & MERLIN from 1962 and 2012 with a poster for the ride. I also put leaflets on all the tables, gave people time to read them, then went collecting.

I also spoke to a reporter and a photographer from Grimsby Telegraph, and they will meet me at Blundell Park, do an interview and pics, and do an article in GT, together with my web/payments site details, try and drum up some additional funds.

I expected criticism, but most people were very supportive, and generous. Even people who had sponsored AP were polite in declining my support request.

It was a good day all round. I will be doing a short training ride tomorrow, to keep me knees bendy and test/check MERLIN, then it will be an early night, ready for a 5am. departure on Sunday.

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Good luck snowscape!

Jacko

Post by Jacko » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 pm

hats off to yer....at least you are gonna complete a task that you set out to do in the first place

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Ash_Quaker wrote:Good luck snowscape!
Steady Ash, lad, or I may have to sit in a darkened room with a strong drink (of tea).
This is a joke, by the way. Thanks for your support.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Good luck Snowscape, but please complete your ride and put a little credibility back into this fundraiser. How much have you raised so far?

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:30 pm

ted_do wrote:Good luck Snowscape, but please complete your ride and put a little credibility back into this fundraiser. How much have you raised so far?
I intend to complete the ride, but will not be going to the game, too many nutters about.

I thought I might be nearer to £1k. after today, but I'm at £900 approx.

I will be doing a post-ride fund-raising stint at next weeks game, with pics. of the ride, I also have 2 training/ride tops printed with ride details back and front, and Paul Arnison is going to get them both signed by the squad, to be auctioned off, along with other memorabilia that I have amassed over the years.

I intend to get to £1k. somehow or other.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Well done for raising £1000+ pounds, Its sad that someone who has raised so much feels he is unwelcome amongst the fans he is doing it for.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:37 pm

I think that snowscape should attend the game. However he hasnt helped himself with the way hes gone about things on here.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:42 pm

loan_star wrote:I think that snowscape should attend the game. However he hasnt helped himself with the way hes gone about things on here.
Agreed but looking at the other shambles that was bike to the bank, it show Snowscapes actual preparation and training have been the right thing to do. As they say it takes all sorts to make the world go round.
A grands is much needed and a top effort. :thumbup:

Even Parks £500 is needed but cant help feel its been taken under false pretences. :thumbdown: and it leaves a sour taste

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 pm

snowscape wrote:Had a last fund-raising push in the RG this pm. Instead of being a 'shy bairn gets nowt', I got into their faces and got a bucket full of donations, which when counted, will be deposited through http://www.blundelltosincil.co.uk.

Snowscape - why are you setting off 5am on Sunday are you going the long way round the match is Monday isnt it?
Hope all goes well and well done for raising some much needed money for 1883

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:48 am

quakerlady wrote:
snowscape wrote:Had a last fund-raising push in the RG this pm. Instead of being a 'shy bairn gets nowt', I got into their faces and got a bucket full of donations, which when counted, will be deposited through http://www.blundelltosincil.co.uk.

Snowscape - why are you setting off 5am on Sunday are you going the long way round the match is Monday isnt it?
Hope all goes well and well done for raising some much needed money for 1883
Well spotted QL, of course it is Monday. Silly me!

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 pm

With the weather tipped to be inclement tomorrow, I decided to fit new brake shoes all round. Just back from a short training ride (Hurworth Place, Hurworth, Stadium, town, home) to test MERLIN out, and to keep me knees bendy.

We're ready for the challenge, BRING IT ON!

Where I hadn't before, I now have back-up support, so I won't have to catch a train back to Grimsby, I can load up me bike in Lincoln and head for home.

All I have to do is concentrate on the ride, plenty of pics. along the way, ready for my post ride fund-raising event.

Yesterday, I got sponsorship from Paul Arnison - given the money problems the players have endured, it wasn't a lot, but he was interested enough to offer. Every Little helps!

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 pm

snowscape wrote:With the weather tipped to be inclement tomorrow, I decided to fit new brake shoes all round. Just back from a short training ride (Hurworth Place, Hurworth, Stadium, town, home) to test MERLIN out, and to keep me knees bendy.

Where I hadn't before, I now have back-up support, so I won't have to catch a train back to Grimsby, I can load up me bike in Lincoln and head for home.

All I have to do is concentrate on the ride, plenty of pics. along the way, ready for my post ride fund-raising event.

Yesterday, I got sponsorship from Paul Arnison - given the money problems the players have endured, it wasn't a lot, but he was interested enough to offer. Every Little helps!

You really have serious mental problems you know that right?

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Atleast he's more organised than a certain other fundraiser!! Even though you're slightly off your rocker snowscape, safe journey and we want pictures with every landmark you come across...

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:10 pm

I don't care who's labelled 'mental', 'attention seeking' etc. etc. (the list is endless with you lot!)

All the best snowscape. You're doing your bit!

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:05 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
snowscape wrote:With the weather tipped to be inclement tomorrow, I decided to fit new brake shoes all round. Just back from a short training ride (Hurworth Place, Hurworth, Stadium, town, home) to test MERLIN out, and to keep me knees bendy.

You may think so, I couldn't possibly comment. At least I won't qualify for 'Stanley Royd'

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Snowscape, are you the fella that was wearing the yellow "Grimsby to Lincoln bike ride" shirt yesterday?

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Big Tim wrote:Snowscape, are you the fella that was wearing the yellow "Grimsby to Lincoln bike ride" shirt yesterday?
Yes, did it look the part. I have an orange one as well, both of which will be signed by the DFC squad, and auctioned for fund-raising.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Good luck Snowscape.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:46 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Good luck Snowscape.
Steady on there, this sort of attention is an alien concept for me! Thanks anyway.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:15 pm

snowscape wrote:
Steady on there, this sort of attention is an alien concept for me! Thanks anyway.
Good Luck Nobhead.... is that better :lol:

but no seriously good luck.
Last edited by Big Tim on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Big Tim wrote:
snowscape wrote:
Good Luck Nodhead.... is that better :lol:

but no seriously good luck.
:think:

snowscape

Post by snowscape » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 am

Up and at 'em. we setting off now!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:14 am

You say mental, I say eccentric. As my gran used to say the world would be a lot duller place if we were all cut out of the same cloth. A belated good luck old boy. The preparation has been exemplary.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:23 am

princes town wrote:

You say mental, I say eccentric. As my gran used to say the world would be a lot duller place if we were all cut out of the same cloth. A belated good luck old boy. The preparation has been exemplary.
Gotta give him that :clap:

Mick

Post by Mick » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 am

PPPPPP as they say...