NLZ?

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

NLZ?

Post by shawry » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Is it a fully moderated site?

My posts have to be approved, which tbh makes it largely irrelevant posting, as the conversation has moved on by the time it shows up :) Is there a point where your posts dont need to be checked?

al_quaker

NLZ?

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm

First 5 have to be approved by a mod, but that's all

Quakerz

Re: NLZ?

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:46 pm

I think after your first 5 posts the posts show up straight away.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Cheers, not massively bothered, I'll go back to just reading in future, I just found it a little strange thats all, as anyone with less than 5 points in an active thread is likely just to get missed.

Conster44

Post by Conster44 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm

was thinking the same although that explains how all the crap on there goes through unnoticed.

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Ok, Ive posted a few more times, and I think I'll leave it at that now, as Ive found myself getting more annoyed at Darlo posters there than others, bar maybe Cara ;-)

EDIT: Ok, clearly couldnt leave it :)

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 pm

shawry wrote:Ok, Ive posted a few more times, and I think I'll leave it at that now, as Ive found myself getting more annoyed at Darlo posters there than others, bar maybe Cara ;-)

Quite enjoyed reading it when we were first put into the NL, but it's just descended into Carawest talking bollocks, and loads of faux irate darlo fans pulling his chain, again and again and again and again.................

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
shawry wrote:Ok, Ive posted a few more times, and I think I'll leave it at that now, as Ive found myself getting more annoyed at Darlo posters there than others, bar maybe Cara ;-)

Quite enjoyed reading it when we were first put into the NL, but it's just descended into Carawest talking bollocks, and loads of faux irate darlo fans pulling his chain, again and again and again and again.................
I'm coming back here for a Time Out :lol:

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Might be worth reading over there then.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:23 pm

I will never understand the NLZ if I lived to be 100, I really dont know what there problem with us is, we, as fans we did not choose to be in the Northern League, it was forced on us, things like being called arrogant and big time charlies pisses me right off. I have had an account there for a while, but rarely post instead preferring to lurk

For general non-League board I prefer the late Tony Kempsters non-League message boards

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:07 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:I will never understand the NLZ if I lived to be 100, I really dont know what there problem with us is, we, as fans we did not choose to be in the Northern League, it was forced on us, things like being called arrogant and big time charlies pisses me right off. I have had an account there for a while, but rarely post instead preferring to lurk

For general non-League board I prefer the late Tony Kempsters non-League message boards
I think I'm beginning to understand the NLZ. For Darlington, the NL is an unfortunate temporary deal whereas to NLZs it is a permanent reality and a desirable one at that. I don't want to be seen as an apologist for the NLZ so let me quote England, an NLZ member

"It's one of the reasons why people like the northern league, decent standard of football, can take the kids, decent price, family atmosphere etc. Darlo are bringing what is more common with the pro game"

The Guisborough sandwich debacle is a relatively trivial but classic example. It may be slightly amusing to some of us but to the NLZ it is a breach of holy mantra, something you sign up to, part of the NL experience. I have no doubt if we said "we want to stay in the NL for ever and ever because it is f***in brilliant and we lurvvvv!!! the craic and the experience" the mood would change immediately but that would clearly compromise our identity. I've actually enjoyed the NL this season and hopefully some of the fan first things we can take with us wherever we end up.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I ate four of the sandwiches and two sausage rolls at billinghams town. They were ham ones. How I miss the arena and the prawn sandwiches in the boxes!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:I ate four of the sandwiches and two sausage rolls at billinghams town. They were ham ones. How I miss the arena and the prawn sandwiches in the boxes!
You've never mentioned before that fact you used to sit in the boxes fatty.

Regarding NLZ, on my brief time browsing there the guy 'England' is the one I would consider clinically retarded.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:58 pm

England is actually one of the better posters IMO.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Regarding NLZ, on my brief time browsing there the guy 'England' is the one I would consider clinically retarded.
Couldn't disagree more. I don't read NLZ a great deal, but England seems to be one of the more level headed guys, based on what I have read.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:05 pm

I saw nothing but crying, whiney posts every time I saw his name.

I read everything he wrote in the voice of a tearful 12 Year old girl

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Isn't that how you read all posts? ;-)

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Random thought but I once went on holiday with some mates to the Norfolk Broads. One night after mooring our boat up we found this nice looking pub on the edge of a secluded water. Went in expecting it to be a lovely villlage local but inside it was like a scene from Deliverance with lots of aggresive and backward weird locals who took instant offence to the fact that we were outsiders.
Non League Zone reminds me of this pub.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:04 am

Well that's me permanently banned for nowt :roll: :lol:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:10 am

If you of all people have been banned then it's a joke. I can sort of understand me getting banned because I just got far too involved and developed a lot of haters.

But you? LOL. And Hilly of course. Just proves it's a Darlo hate thing.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:11 am

Ah so the ban hammer is coming down on pretty much any Darlo fan?

Nice one. Honestly, just leave them to shake their pitch forks.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:19 am

Not to worry, only another 29 matches before we leave this tinpot league and the 6 finger brigade well behind, be nice seeing them in cup matches for the next few years.........until then let them keep there girlfriends warm at night and keep their mothers jealous

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:42 am

I've never been banned from a forum... I fancy a challenge.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 am

It's actually quite difficult, it's taken me ten years.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 am

Scratch that, I got banned from the entire Rivals network, I forgot about that.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:49 am

TFDM wrote:I've never been banned from a forum... I fancy a challenge.
;-)

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:55 am

Christophano wrote:
TFDM wrote:I've never been banned from a forum... I fancy a challenge.
;-)
:lol:

I need to think things through in future...

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:58 am

Kev, I don't think you've got the minerals, you're too nice and unassuming. That said, all you need to do on NLZ is defend your club and call out lies and misinformation and you'll end up banned.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:42 am

Post subject: Re: what happened to my post ?????????????
Having been an NLZ member for several years, every night I look for good football related posts and news, chat and banter. The site has been totally hijacked by about five idiots, who insist on carrying on personal argument (the same one all the time) on the public forum instead of by PM. They have such a superiority complex its untrue and obviouisly think we are all interested in them. So sadly I have decided to stop looking in to NLZ as it is a complete waste of time. I'll stay logged in so if someone PMs me to say that more than 10% of threads do not involve DL5 or TRQ, I may rejoin along with the other dozens of exiles. Bye.

He,s dead right isnt he... Its time the admins weilded the axe or it wont be long before the people in question are the only people left on here

BARCELONA 2 CROOK TOWN 4 - HONEST!!

http://www.crooktownafc.co.uk

CROOK TOWN 12 BISHOP HORSELAND 1.

C.T.C.

"IF TETLEY PUT THE T IN TEA, WHO PUT THE C*** IN SCUNTHORPE?"

Must admit. I pop on and nearly every post is about darlo. And if not it turns into darlo.

It's getting to the point were I am just not coming on and I am hoping they loose.

And for what reason I don't know cos I have nothing against the club at all.

So f ing bore off.
Think before posting

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:44 am

That's an example of the hate nlz has for Darlo.
Think before posting