This Idiot

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Will Smith
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: This Idiot

Post by Will Smith » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Mobi is right.

This forum is not the judge, jury and executioner. The photo should have been sent to the club only and let the club deal with it. It is a private matter, that happened on privately owned land. It is the club that reserves the right to admission, not virtual feethams.

So unfortunately, however true the claims are, this forum is opening itself up for trouble by allowing potentially* slanderous material to appear on its forums.

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:So now you're saying DL5 IS responsible for what he posts? Because just now you were claiming the Internet Mega Police were going to press self destruct on uncovered, despite the fact the forum isn't responsible for it's users actions.
Actually, you are right. It appears the site has a disclaimer, so its DL5 who would be in trouble and not the site. Although I guess the moderators should have intervened before that happened.
Jazz Maverick wrote:And don't blither on about reasoned arguments - you've had plenty or reasoned responses and are still rabbiting on about unconnected and irrelevant eventualities.
I guess the principle of the law has passed you by, the law is based around considering eventualities, and protecting people against those eventualities. That is why the law applies universally (in all cases) and is not changed for each particular case, say if you thought the lad was a scrote and wanted to ignore some of the principles because you reckon he didn't deserve it. He may or may not be innocent, but the law is there to protect those who are. This makes it quite frustrating when you are convinced that someone is guilty, but you can't bend the rules to suit.
Jazz Maverick wrote:You're being an argumentative silly arse.
I believe it is impossible for one person to have an argument, therefore we must both be arses.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 pm

The jimmy Somerville look-a-like could always be persuaded to come clean with a Chinese burn and a couple of nipple cripples.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:17 pm

mobi wrote:Then you send it to the club rather than publish on a public forum. The club did not ask for details of idiots to be passed to the general public (and all the idiots that includes). Say this lad loses his job, or is denied a job because of this thread. Is that right?
If he's denied a job, good. The internet has done it's job. At the company where I work, when we hire someone we extensively search for what people have posted on-line, and any information we can find about them, and it is routinely used to reject a candidate. If that leads to the rest of my team not having to work with an arsehole, great!

As to the legality of posting this, some of that comes down to where the website is hosted. If the servers are in somewhere like the US, the worst that could happen to the site is they are asked to take the post down.

The person who posted it, DL5, could potentially be at risk of a private prosecution, much as Sally Bercow is because of her post on Twitter about Lord McAlpine. Twitter weren't in trouble there, but she is.

I suspect however, as others have pointed out, that since this guy has been arrested for one of the incidents DL5 mentioned, he has more than enough to support what he said, even if he doesn't have proof about the pissing incident.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Could always tar and feather him when he next appears at a game and suspend him by his big man bollocks from the main stand, saying that all this attention is probs making him fill his pants with Jizz and he will be a bigger nut sack at the next match.

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Having looked at the picture again, I believe that wearing a Lacoste piece of clothing, as this chap seems to be, can actually be used as proof of criminal wrongdoing!

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 pm

mobi wrote:I guess the principle of the law has passed you by, the law is based around considering eventualities, and protecting people against those eventualities. That is why the law applies universally (in all cases) and is not changed for each particular case, say if you thought the lad was a scrote and wanted to ignore some of the principles because you reckon he didn't deserve it. He may or may not be innocent, but the law is there to protect those who are. This makes it quite frustrating when you are convinced that someone is guilty, but you can't bend the rules to suit.
I am glad DL5 posted what he did. I frequently take my daughters to the game, and if I see this guy then I know to give him a wide berth. Or would you have it that he would have to flash his gonads, or try and slap me before I could try and protect myself and kids from that potential eventuality?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Surely all DL5 has said is this person that was sent out of Billingham the police will have records stating that to be true. How can that be slanderous?

The second point re what he got upto on he terraces. I am sure if he doesn't remember due to too many shandy's that night and wants to dispute it then there will be many others will verify this and ultimately once it is proved he did do it then it is again not slander.

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:54 pm

incidents like this prove that it was right to segregate on Friday - a few people seemed surprised when it was announced, but it would have been a hell of a shame if it had kicked off and it had took the shine off what was a superb performance

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Football is rife with pond life, nothing new.
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:33 pm

If the accusations are all true, then I see no problem with this. We talk of reporting it to the club but "we" are the club these days and if a troublemaker is still attending games when supposedly banned then other fans being aware of who is is can help report him to the club and remove him from future games. If anyone is daft enough to go out and assault him or whatever, that's really on them and nothing to do with the forum.

What I will say, however, is that threats of potential legal nature are taken seriously by the mod team. If this does progress in that way, it's better to just comply than risk losing the board (which can very much be held responsible for people's personal opinions too). Obviously Scott and Mike are affected more by this, so if they overrule what I'm saying, we all just need to accept that!

The other thing is I don't want this turning into another bitching session, or it will be straight to the Fight forum again...

Mr Pip
Team Supported: Marske Utd

Post by Mr Pip » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Quakerz wrote:People are convicted in courts on the word of others, on the identification of others.

DL5 knows it is this lad, end of.
Playing devils advocate what if he is a twin?

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 pm

Mr Pip wrote:Playing devils advocate what if he is a twin?
The French legal system is grappling with that one, for much more serious reasons, right now:

http://news.msn.com/world/identical-twi ... rape-cases

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Mr Pip wrote:
Quakerz wrote:People are convicted in courts on the word of others, on the identification of others.

DL5 knows it is this lad, end of.
Playing devils advocate what if he is a twin?
I once knew a lad who got kicked in because of something his identical twin brother did. :D

Therefore this sort of stuff is just part of life, and makes it all alright then.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 pm

botrash wrote:If the accusations are all true, then I see no problem with this. We talk of reporting it to the club but "we" are the club these days and if a troublemaker is still attending games when supposedly banned then other fans being aware of who is is can help report him to the club and remove him from future games. If anyone is daft enough to go out and assault him or whatever, that's really on them and nothing to do with the forum.

What I will say, however, is that threats of potential legal nature are taken seriously by the mod team. If this does progress in that way, it's better to just comply than risk losing the board (which can very much be held responsible for people's personal opinions too). Obviously Scott and Mike are affected more by this, so if they overrule what I'm saying, we all just need to accept that!

The other thing is I don't want this turning into another bitching session, or it will be straight to the Fight forum again...
If the accusations aren't true then what do you do? Wouldn't want to tell a mod his job, but you are setting yourself up for trouble if you say it is fine to make accusations as long as they turn out to be true.

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 pm

mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:If the accusations are all true, then I see no problem with this.
If the accusations aren't true then what do you do?
I'm trusting DL5's judgement on making a truthful post, pretty much.
mobi wrote:Wouldn't want to tell a mod his job, but you are setting yourself up for trouble if you say it is fine to make accusations as long as they turn out to be true.
Err, yeah it is fine to make accusations if they are true, as stated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Why are you still floundering about on this subject mobi, you depressive fucker?! :lol:

DL5 says his accusations are true - given his profession most are inclined to believe him. If they're not and there are any reprecusions (as if) it will be on DL5s back. Worst case scenario - uncovered get told to take the photo down. (as if).

Get a fucking grip, learn about burden of responsibility and stop trying to talking yourself out of the bollock you dropped when you tried to be a smart arse about this.

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 pm

botrash wrote:
mobi wrote:
mobi wrote:Wouldn't want to tell a mod his job, but you are setting yourself up for trouble if you say it is fine to make accusations as long as they turn out to be true.

Err, the problem is that you don't know if the accusations are true until after they have been posted.

So, your position as a mod is that anyone can post anything, and you decide what is true or not? What do you do if an accusation turns out to be false? It has already been posted and the damage is done!

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:15 pm

mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:
mobi wrote:

Err, the problem is that you don't know if the accusations are true until after they have been posted.

So, your position as a mod is that anyone can post anything, and you decide what is true or not? What do you do if an accusation turns out to be false? It has already been posted and the damage is done!
And as before, I trust DL5's judgement. I believe this to be more likely true than not, and the board would be in a sorry state if we demanded proof behind everything that anyone posts.

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:18 pm

botrash wrote:
mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:
mobi wrote:

And as before, I trust DL5's judgement. I believe this to be more likely true than not, and the board would be in a sorry state if we demanded proof behind everything that anyone posts.

OK, I guess we'll have to wait to see what the grown-ups think.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Mobi are you the lad in question?? Or a relation maybe?

Get a grip man.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Why are you still floundering about on this subject mobi, you depressive fucker?! :lol:

DL5 says his accusations are true - given his profession most are inclined to believe him. If they're not and there are any reprecusions (as if) it will be on DL5s back. Worst case scenario - uncovered get told to take the photo down. (as if).

Get a fucking grip, learn about burden of responsibility and stop trying to talking yourself out of the bollock you dropped when you tried to be a smart arse about this.
:lol:

Every day this forum is full of profanities, insults, arguments and strong opinions about everyone and everything that could be construed as libelous or defamatory. Has the site or anyone on it been in bother? have they shite :lol:

I post the heads up about an idiot's actions that I know to be true 100% and there's suddenly an issue? :wtf: :crazy:

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 pm

One question mobi, are you aware of what DL5 does for a living? Simple yes or no answer is suffice because Botrash has my total support on this one

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Free_Transfer wrote:Mobi are you the lad in question?? Or a relation maybe?

Get a grip man.
Err, no, I just understand the principle of fairness. Maybe I can see the wider principle here, rather than thinking "oh he obviously did it, so its OK".

It appears the moderator is saying that we can say what we like about someone, post their photograph, and then if it turns out to be false? Its a bit like saying a newspaper can print anything they like and then ignore it if it dosen't turn out to be true. No harm done eh?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:32 pm

mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:
mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:
mobi wrote: If the accusations aren't true then what do you do?

OK, I guess we'll have to wait to see what the grown-ups think.
Yep, I reckon the fall out from this could be MASSIVE!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Mobi, the north east's answer to Shami Chakrabarti, defending the rights of an individual who was identified by a police officer after posing in a publicly available photo :lol:

Keep fighting the good fight lad :lol:

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

charlie wrote:One question mobi, are you aware of what DL5 does for a living? Simple yes or no answer is suffice because Botrash has my total support on this one
No idea, but you miss the point. It does not matter if the accusations are true or false. We are not in a position to decide whether someone is guilty. You can't be sure that personal accusations are true therefore you cannot allow them, ever. The rule is universal, it applies to everyone and does not change depending on each case. No board would allow it!

Posting pictures of someone has consequences, both private and public, and it may have repercussions way beyond the seriousness of the offence. Not for him, but maybe for the next person who is posted, and accused. Its fine until that person happens to be innocent. Nobody should ever end up being publically named or humilated for something they didn't do, and the only way to prevent that is to not allow accusations to be made against individuals on a public forum.

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 pm

mobi wrote:
Free_Transfer wrote:Mobi are you the lad in question?? Or a relation maybe?

Get a grip man.
Err, no, I just understand the principle of fairness. Maybe I can see the wider principle here, rather than thinking "oh he obviously did it, so its OK".

It appears the moderator is saying that we can say what we like about someone, post their photograph, and then if it turns out to be false? Its a bit like saying a newspaper can print anything they like and then ignore it if it dosen't turn out to be true. No harm done eh?
Newspapers print stuff all the time based on far less credibility than this post, then get away with as tiny printed apology, so not really the best analogy!

And I haven't once said that anyone can post anything, but when it's highly likely to be true, I really can't see what the issue is?

There's posts claiming "facts" without proof practically every day on here, should I delete them all?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Mobi, someone at work called me a dick today. Did I chin him? Did I bollocks!

However, the missus called me awesome this morning. No proof of it but its true as anyone who knows me will testify.

Give up now as this grown up has spoken, just like you wanted.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Oh, and DL5, why didn't you nick him for urinating in public?