This Idiot

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

charlie

Re: This Idiot

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 am

We have a report button can I ask why you didnt use it?

botrash

Post by botrash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 am

mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:
mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:I monitor the forum for many things, thanks, but don't let that stop you having a little dig each post you make!

I'm asking the question (repeatedly) as you earlier claimed only the post with the photo should be looked at, and that the whole board didn't need looking through. Then you're arguing a completely different point and decided only accusing people of illegal acts needs looking at. Then once again change to all potential libellous accusations.

So which is it? And if not the entire board, then what, bearing in mind the principle is the important factor?

And where you're right that it's not my place to decide what is and isn't a true fact, it's very much my place to make a judgement on behalf of the board admin over what is acceptable content, and that includes making judgements on how likely something is to have its basis in truth or in unfounded accusation. Consistently. Across the whole board.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
You agree that you aren't in a position to decide what is or isn't true, but then contradict yourself in the same sentence by claiming that you are in a position to make a decision on whether something is based in truth or not. In other words, if you think its true then you allow it! The only acceptable way to operate is to not allow these type of personal accusations to be made at all, criminal or libellous or both. It's not difficult, doesn't take time, and its fair.

I would politely request you discuss this issue with the other moderators as I do not agree with your judgement.
You're very good at telling me what you think I meant instead of reading what I actually said. There's no contradiction, I accept I can't say what is 100% true as I haven't personally seen evidence that confirms or refutes the facts, but I can make a judgement on what is most likely true based on the reliability of the source.

Also there's been one other mod in here backing me up and I've openly stated that the site admins can ultimately override me and I will accept their decision. I'm not sure what more you want other than for me to delete a one off post that has a small chance of being untrue, while ignoring every other post on the board that includes a personal accusation that I also haven't been privy to any evidence of.

Sorry but it's got to be fair and consistent treatment for all posts.

If somebody complains about another potentially libellous post then you can look into it, if not, then you shouldn't have any worries. As it is, I am requesting you remove one potentionally libellous post. If you insist that you can't do that because it means you'd have to remove all potentially libellous posts then so be it. I am sure the admins will decide if that is a valid reason for doing nothing. If so, then I will accept their judgement and that's the end of it.
It's nothing to do with having to review any other posts, but as you've continuously ignored the actual point I've made it doesn't surprise me that you may think that. That reason was only posted in response to your calls for completely inconsistent treatment and I haven't claimed that's the reason I've chosen to leave the post here.

I've clearly stated that, in my opinion, the opening post is most likely truthful and I don't feel it puts the board at any kind of risk of legal action. Furthermore, I think it's actually of benefit to the club to "name and shame" people known to cause trouble. So I'm personally choosing to not delete it, but the site admins may want to be a little more cautious and that will always override my opinion - however, the next time something similar crops up, I will again use my judgement and act accordingly until such a time that Scott or Mike may want to act differently.

It's amazing to think that just a few weeks ago we were being accused of over the top censorship and deletion of posts!

botrash

Post by botrash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 am

charlie wrote:We have a report button can I ask why you didnt use it?

He did, I'd already closed it before you will have had chance to see it.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:55 am

botrash wrote:
charlie wrote:We have a report button can I ask why you didnt use it?

He did, I'd already closed it before you will have had chance to see it.
Oky doke x

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by shawry » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:35 am

mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:
mobi wrote:
botrash wrote:I monitor the forum for many things, thanks, but don't let that stop you having a little dig each post you make!

I'm asking the question (repeatedly) as you earlier claimed only the post with the photo should be looked at, and that the whole board didn't need looking through. Then you're arguing a completely different point and decided only accusing people of illegal acts needs looking at. Then once again change to all potential libellous accusations.

So which is it? And if not the entire board, then what, bearing in mind the principle is the important factor?

And where you're right that it's not my place to decide what is and isn't a true fact, it's very much my place to make a judgement on behalf of the board admin over what is acceptable content, and that includes making judgements on how likely something is to have its basis in truth or in unfounded accusation. Consistently. Across the whole board.

You agree that you aren't in a position to decide what is or isn't true, but then contradict yourself in the same sentence by claiming that you are in a position to make a decision on whether something is based in truth or not. In other words, if you think its true then you allow it! The only acceptable way to operate is to not allow these type of personal accusations to be made at all, criminal or libellous or both. It's not difficult, doesn't take time, and its fair.

I would politely request you discuss this issue with the other moderators as I do not agree with your judgement.
You're very good at telling me what you think I meant instead of reading what I actually said. There's no contradiction, I accept I can't say what is 100% true as I haven't personally seen evidence that confirms or refutes the facts, but I can make a judgement on what is most likely true based on the reliability of the source.

Also there's been one other mod in here backing me up and I've openly stated that the site admins can ultimately override me and I will accept their decision. I'm not sure what more you want other than for me to delete a one off post that has a small chance of being untrue, while ignoring every other post on the board that includes a personal accusation that I also haven't been privy to any evidence of.

Sorry but it's got to be fair and consistent treatment for all posts.

If somebody complains about another potentially libellous post then you can look into it, if not, then you shouldn't have any worries. As it is, I am requesting you remove one potentionally libellous post. If you insist that you can't do that because it means you'd have to remove all potentially libellous posts then so be it. I am sure the admins will decide if that is a valid reason for doing nothing. If so, then I will accept their judgement and that's the end of it.
Surely the only person who can say its libellous is the subject, the fact that we know it isnt kinda just shows you as being an argumentative tit.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 am

What a shame this isn't a 5 page thread about fund raising....

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am

But on the plus side, thanks to mobi the lad in the photo is no longer the biggest clown in the thread.

Seriously, I have never seen anyone put so much effort and ignore so much reason just to be contrary.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 am

What a complete gonk!

number_one

Post by number_one » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Squeels like a bitch

TMan2000

Post by TMan2000 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:im annoyed, we should be talking about the tidy blondie in the back of the photo, instead of this little scrote.
Yes she is beautiful.
Can we get confirmation of who she is? and have her inserted into every fan photo? no? ok....
Our Football Clubs are for life, not just for business!

Help Darlington FC: Use Amazon for your Christmas Shopping, by using the following link. Each time you buy Darlington FC gets a cut.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/?_encoding=UTF8 ... tive=19450

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:12 pm

TMan2000 wrote:
Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:im annoyed, we should be talking about the tidy blondie in the back of the photo, instead of this little scrote.
Yes she is beautiful.
Can we get confirmation of who she is? and have her inserted into every fan photo? no? ok....
Agreed, shes a stunner! She could be on a Darlo advertising poster and we'd prob have sellouts every game :lol:

DTID

Post by DTID » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Mobi, you've lost this one. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Last edited by wellindarlo on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DTID

Post by DTID » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:38 pm

mobi wrote:
DTID wrote:Mobi, you've lost this one. Sorry.

Well that's arguing on the internet for you...
So you have a go at other people for the content they post on here then go posting a picture of a lad with downs syndrome labeling him a retard? Well done.

Last edited by DTID on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 pm

mobi wrote:

http://tancast.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ternet.jpg
Where did you get those trainers from Mobi?

mobi

Post by mobi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm

DTID wrote:
mobi wrote:

So you have a go at other people for the content they post on here then go posting a picture of a lad with downs syndrome labeling him a retard? Well done.

No, no, you flatter yourself. I am labeling you a retard.

mobi

Post by mobi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:50 pm

wellindarlo wrote:
mobi wrote:

You may want to retract that one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ulter.html
Oh Christ, it seems that picture is all over the net. Perhaps we should stop the internet, you reckon?

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Right - lovely and well done mobi and everyone else.

We have got a game of football on tonight haven't we?

Shall we focus on that instead?

Strictly speaking shouldn't debates in this thread be moved to the off topic area?

Come on Darlo!

mobi

Post by mobi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Well, the mods apparently don't give a fuck. I think its just a free for all.

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 pm

mobi wrote:Well, the mods apparently don't give a fuck. I think its just a free for all.

Some of us have lives but I`ll deal with this thread Properly later when I have time

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 pm

mobi wrote:Well, the mods apparently don't give a fuck. I think its just a free for all.
So it's not okay to post a picture of someone who has broken the law but it's okay for you to post a picture of a disabled child??

You're a fucking bell end you mobi, fuck off and howl at the moon you piece of turd.

mobi

Post by mobi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Free_Transfer wrote:
So it's not okay to post a picture of someone who has broken the law but it's okay for you to post a picture of a disabled child??

You're a fucking bell end you mobi, fuck off and howl at the moon you piece of turd.
So it is against the forum rules to post a picture of one of the most well known memes in the history of the internet? Do you live in some bizarre, insular, cotton wool world? Is that against the forum rules? Please tell me how it is??

Thanks for the abuse though, just what a responsible mod should do.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm

mobi wrote:
Free_Transfer wrote:

So it is against the forum rules to post a picture of one of the most well known memes in the history of the internet? Do you live in some bizarre, insular, cotton wool world? Is that against the forum rules? Please tell me how it is??

OK when did Free Transfer become a Mod? Congrats mate on the promotion, that slipped me by

mobi

Post by mobi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
mobi wrote:
Free_Transfer wrote:

OK when did Free Transfer become a Mod? Congrats mate on the promotion, that slipped me by
I though the grey colour of the username signified a mod? But if not, I guess the abuse is OK?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 pm

You're just trolling now mobi, fuck off lad

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Away with ya Mobi you idiot. Even if i was a mod i'd still abuse the s*** out of you. Muppet.

Pictures of criminals = cool
Pictures of disabled children = not fucking cool.

Get it?

mobi

Post by mobi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:You're just trolling now mobi, fuck off lad
Come on Jazz, are you telling me that you, of all people, were offended by a link to a very, very well known meme? When did it become holier than thou in here?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:22 pm

mobi wrote:
Come on Jazz, are you telling me that you, of all people, were offended by a link to a very, very well known meme? When did it become holier than thou in here?
Not in the slightest bit offended.

My comment was because I dont think for a second you believe all the shite you're posting and are just enjoying the reactions you're getting :lol:

mobi

Post by mobi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
mobi wrote:
Not in the slightest bit offended.

My comment was because I dont think for a second you believe all the shite you're posting and are just enjoying the reactions you're getting :lol:
No, its not trolling, if I believe something I'll stick with it. I like to argue my point. If it was trolling I'd be on here a lot more often causing trouble for the sake of it, but I hardly ever post. I only post if I genuinely believe in the point I am making.

If you read the thread you'll see that others agreed with me as well, but people ignored their posts, trying to make out it was simply me against the world. It wasn't.

The hypocrisy over that meme was pathetic.

botrash

Post by botrash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 pm

This again? And on a match day too when you know nobody is around to keep an eye on it.

Seriously, you asked for the mods to look at it and would accept their decision, then you're on bitching and moaning about it again. Get a fucking life...

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2