Sainsburys Parking

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Rob
Team Supported: Darlington

Sainsburys Parking

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:58 am

Did anyone else notice lots of cars had parking tickets on them in Sainsburys car park after yesterday's match. There was a girl writing down numbers when we went in, but fortunately we didn't get a ticket.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Sainsburys Parking

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:08 am

If this has anything to do with DFC it seems a little strange, as we probably only have another 4 games at Heritage Park before we leave - and take our shoppers and petrol buyers away for good.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

uncovered
Site Admin

Sainsburys Parking

Post by uncovered » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:09 am

I didn't get a ticket so guess I was lucky. I normally do tesco if I Am honest but was running a bit late and got there just before 2.

I would have been a bit peeved if I did, I know they have Signs etc but I did spend over £100 there yesterday. Will revert back to tesco now though. I do find it ironic that they are ticketing football fans cars as on a matchday you see loads of Darlo fans in sainsburys.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:23 am

Just remember any ticket given is just an invoice, not a fine. Don't pay it. You might get a few begging letters but thats as far as it will go.
Its up to them to provide evidence as well, some lass writing down registration numbers as cars come into the car park is not evidence.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:51 am

I don't think that the land that the car park sits on is owned by Sainsbury's.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:I don't think that the land that the car park sits on is owned by Sainsbury's.
Are you just assuming again!!!!! I lot of supermarkets have a time limit on them the one in York near the collage has a 3hr limit on it and that is controlled , so you can't blame them, people can't complain signs are there...

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:39 pm

they cant make you pay.

davidcurrieclass

Post by davidcurrieclass » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:37 pm

They cant make you pay... but if you don't pay or dont appeal then eventually they will go the county court for non payment and if the court upholds there fine and you then still dont pay the fine you will have a judgement against you and debt collectors after you and your credit rating will be buggered. So dont ever ignore it. It costs more for them to go to county court than the fine but they have to go to the courts otherwise no one would pay up. I would appeal straightaway and if there is no camera showing you enter and leave then I would just contest the times the parking company alledges. If that fails use the same argument through the parking appeals system and if that fails you can still go to the county court judgement and state your case but NEVER NEVER ignore these cowboys. These cowboys earn their living off people in many cases making genuine mistakes. I could understand if they fined people say £10 for overstaying etc but too attempt to get £60 or £100 etc is just taking the piss.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:49 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:I don't think that the land that the car park sits on is owned by Sainsbury's.
Are you just assuming again!!!!! I lot of supermarkets have a time limit on them the one in York near the collage has a 3hr limit on it and that is controlled , so you can't blame them, people can't complain signs are there...
Again? No I'm not assuming.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Nothing to do with Sainsburys it is Horizon parking. They were also ticketing the previous home game.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Show proof then!!!!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:36 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Show proof then!!!!
See post above :wtf:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:40 pm

If anyone has one of these tickets and wants to have it thrown out, you will find all the information you need here....
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/for ... .php?f=163

A successful appeal is fairly easy to draw up if you follow the advice.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:34 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Show proof then!!!!
See post above :wtf:
Horizon own the land then!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:45 am

Horizon will have a contract to enforce parking rules - I very much doubt they own anything other than a van and a pen and a stub of parking tickets.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:36 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Horizon will have a contract to enforce parking rules - I very much doubt they own anything other than a van and a pen and a stub of parking tickets.
Rottweilers, Rubber Trunchons etc....

Boycott Sainsburys from now on in Bishop & Darlo?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Horizon will have a contract to enforce parking rules - I very much doubt they own anything other than a van and a pen and a stub of parking tickets.
Rottweilers, Rubber Trunchons etc....

Boycott Sainsburys from now on in Bishop & Darlo?
Why because the have upset a few Darlo fans for implementing what there signs say.. You chance it parking there end of...