Re: Rugby League

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:44 pm

Struth! Ted is Ed wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:49 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:53 pm
I asked for a zoom call 2.5mths ago & nothing has happened, perhaps Ed forgot???
Pete, why on earth do you insist on feeding the trolls?
Someone joins Uncovered with an obviously trouble making name and immediately posts the same comment on 2 posts and you straight away eat the bait.
You could at least be a tad more truthful with your comment rather than give him more food.
Lone Star can confirm, (because I sent him a copy of the pm I sent you), and because he tried to help me sort the problem that stops me using Zoom.
I also said that as soon as isolation allows I will happily travel to Darlo to meet up. As I had my first jab last week hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, but hey, if you want to drive up to Otterburn, (Look out for Spen as you pass Bellingham) while we are in lockdown, or when it ends, just let me know and I will direct you to my bungalow from there.
Just to re-relay the info you seem to have forgotten, my computer monitor does not have a camera and Zoom will not recognise my web cam, and I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 which does not have the tech' to accept Zoom, or even messenger come to that.
Let me know when you are coming up and I will send you a phone number to keep in touch en'route.
Classic Ted Forster :lol: when caught out have a long rambling bullshit rant
Probably fake laptop death next or summat 😂
Something similar has been done before ya know :shock:
He maybe a troll but he’s bang on.

Your use of the word ‘fare’ is fascinating!
By using the search facility above you’ll see there are 253 (254 now) messages with the word ‘fare’ in them.
The vast majority use the word in the correct manner, two people don’t. Edjohns is one of them, the other.........
Last edited by comeondarlo on Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Struth! Ted is Ed
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Struth! Ted is Ed » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:45 pm

Same thing with struth
Only Ted Flakey Foreskin the darlo boy
Loose cannon aka back from the dead ted
And Ed John's aka Ted the third
used it..
Well until now 😉
Can you watch farmyard frolics on an S4? :wtf:

Ed Ted Forster John's bullshitting since birth :thumbdown:

Still no zoomcall?????? :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:09 pm

It's good to see that the first fixtures of the SL have been released & that playing the Magic Weekend at St. James Park is still being scheduled to be played later on in the season than the previously arranged May date.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56027738

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:51 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:09 pm
It's good to see that the first fixtures of the SL have been released & that playing the Magic Weekend at St. James Park is still being scheduled to be played later on in the season than the previously arranged May date.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56027738
But a shame they are still intent on "loop" fixtures.
Thankfully only 2 of them.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 am

What do you mean by loop fixtures?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 am
What do you mean by loop fixtures?
Since they dropped the 8's they have split the league in 2 and the bottom 6 played 5 more games that the RFL called "Loop" games while the top 6 played the play off's. In these games each side played a third game against the others in the bottom 6. 6-9 played 3 home and 2 away.10-12 played 2 home and 3 away.
This season we play everyone else "Home" and "away" making 22 matches. Magic counts as number 23. We then have 2 more games from somewhere, ie, "loop" games using the name given by the RFL.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:03 pm

Good to hear on Look North this evening that the Magic Weekend has been put back to September, although I may be away if such things are allowed by then, depends when it is due to be on.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:40 am

Full fixture list to be published on 26th Feb, (1 month exactly before we kick off). Magic looking to be 4th and 5th of September but won't be confirmed until clubs give feedback and full program released.
This is a very good site for general news.
Not heard of any pre season games as yet.
https://leaguewrites.com/2021/02/11/sup ... ww-_ja8WFE

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:41 pm

That's great news about the Magic Weekend being on then, as I can make that weekend.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:21 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:41 pm
That's great news about the Magic Weekend being on then, as I can make that weekend.
Great news. The worst that the moaners can complain about now is having to wait until then to get told they are wrong.
I always use the bar under the Gallowgate beside the club shop.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:19 am

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:42 am

First friendly I have heard of. Sad we can't go. The jungle is by far my favourite away ground. Hate the thought they are moving soon.

Event by Castleford Tigers and Hull Kingston Rovers Official
Sunday, 14 March 2021 at 14:45 UTC
Public · Anyone on or off Facebook.
Castleford Tigers will take on Hull Kingston Rovers on Sunday, 14th March in Adam Milner’s testimonial match!
You can watch this match on Sunday, 14th March, kick-off at 3pm, live from Hull College Craven Park, by purchasing access to the Facebook live stream event for £5.
All the money raised from supporters who purchase access to the live stream of the match from the club’s Facebook event will go directly to Adam Milner’s testimonial fund.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Will be good to get playing again and a nice easy friendly to start with ha ha
Jungle is a great place to watch RL but its falling to bits the toilets are nearly as bad as York City, and seating area is only around 1000, never sat there but again look like seats would give you a splinter or 2!
Problems sorting out the new ground, plans are on hold latest quote back to last September - "Our target, allowing for expected political and financial uncertainty over the next two to three months, is to start on site in late summer, with Stadium delivery and development opening in early 2022.”Now more like 2023 at earliest.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:06 am

robsraiders wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:33 pm
Will be good to get playing again and a nice easy friendly to start with ha ha
Jungle is a great place to watch RL but its falling to bits the toilets are nearly as bad as York City, and seating area is only around 1000, never sat there but again look like seats would give you a splinter or 2!
Problems sorting out the new ground, plans are on hold latest quote back to last September - "Our target, allowing for expected political and financial uncertainty over the next two to three months, is to start on site in late summer, with Stadium delivery and development opening in early 2022.”Now more like 2023 at earliest.
While frustrating for the fans for things to be "put back" as often as they have been, am I allowed to hope it keeps being "put back" until I am no longer traveling to matches? (Covid permitting of course).
I use the "disabled" area in the main stand and yes, the whole thing is a tad "time worn" but I love having to find a steward with a key to go to the loo and the burger bars and drop down booze stations makes it feel like an old fashioned funfair from way back when.
Add to that I can't remember ever watching a poor game there. We either win well or get stuffed, but if you enjoy good rugby it is the game to watch far more so that Warry, St's, and Wigwam.
As a final point, pre game it is so good to see so many kids of all ages on the practice field going through their paces. We have kids games pre and half time at CP, but the sheer number of kids out enjoying the game at the jungle just always makes me feel good. While clubs involve the kids in that way the game is in good hands.
Part of what we are trying to do is to buy the ground and land round CP so we can build a training pitch with the idea of doing exactly what Cas are doing.

Struth! Ted is Ed

Post by Struth! Ted is Ed » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Struth more I'm the greatest fan bullshit from ted Ed John's loose cannon forster..

It's only worth keeping him around so we can all laugh at his daily the big I am lies 🤥.

Anyway on with the rugger
Play on chaps
Can you watch farmyard frolics on an S4? :wtf:

Ed Ted Forster John's bullshitting since birth :thumbdown:

Still no zoomcall?????? :lol:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:40 pm

Struth! Ted is Ed wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:30 pm
Struth more I'm the greatest fan bullshit from ted Ed John's loose cannon forster..

It's only worth keeping him around so we can all laugh at his daily the big I am lies 🤥.

Anyway on with the rugger
Play on chaps
Such hatred is not good for you you know. You really need to chill.
In case you had not noticed, those who comment on this thread like to chat about rugby league.
Your theory will be laid to rest so long as fans are allowed at Magic this season.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:15 pm

Magic fixtures Pete.
No need to read it all if you don't want to.. They are at the bottom of the page.
https://www.hullkr.co.uk/hull-kr-to-fac ... dchdJOry48

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Thanks, here's the BBC version. Great news that I can go. Hopefully playing near the end of the season, will attract a bumper set of crowds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56168501

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm
Thanks, here's the BBC version. Great news that I can go. Hopefully playing near the end of the season, will attract a bumper set of crowds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56168501
It is not a bad set of fixtures. I may have changed Cas to play Wakey and Udders to play Salford as Wakey and Cas would probably have sold more tickets and the other 2 never take many anyway.
Note the RFL are taking care of numbers again and the biggest traveling fans are last on both days so the ground stays fuller longer !!!! (What would they do without us "Ull's")?
Anyway the news from number 10 about the relaxing of regs is optimistic. I do worry however that people go stupid again when we are released and we may be back in full lockdown by then.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Pete, here are the "loop fixtures I was on about.
Told you KR would get the bloody top sides.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... cScasY1aLo

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:42 pm

I doubt fans from many clubs will cry at this news. I have yet to find a fan who enjoyed his style of ref'ing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56242217

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:27 pm

Rob, this may be of interest to you as part of the income is going to Milner's testimonial fund.
https://www.hullkr.co.uk/rovers-to-host ... z2fDywwKlY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:45 pm

The new SL that starts in just over 2 weeks, will be determined by points percentage again for thee 2 year in a row. It's almost like they're admitting that some games will be postponed due to Covid 19 outbreaks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56312823

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:45 pm
The new SL that starts in just over 2 weeks, will be determined by points percentage again for thee 2 year in a row. It's almost like they're admitting that some games will be postponed due to Covid 19 outbreaks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56312823
They have admitted it Pete. If the virus is still going round football clubs then it is far more likely to hit RL harder because of the closer contact for longer periods.
Can't wait to watch KR v Cas this Sunday. May be only a friendly but the first game at CP in a day less than a year is something to celebrate.
I also think it will be a good gauge as to how we will do early season, but I still say it is wrong that we start with a home game v Saints. Why this is not the away game with the home later in the season is totally baffling.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:53 am

Game day !!!!!!
It seems to have been so long coming.
First gate at CP for over a year. I read somewhere we are the only club not to have played on our home patch since Covid struck.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Lost 30-20.

First half we were diabolical and went in 18 down. Far too many dropped balls and silly penalties.
Second half much better.
A few strange decisions from Mr Hicks. (Nothing new there then).
Last edited by EDJOHNS on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:45 pm

Nice win for Tigers today, think we will be in top 6, expect to be above HKR at least ! :D

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:35 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:45 pm
Nice win for Tigers today, think we will be in top 6, expect to be above HKR at least ! :D
That's not saying much, most sides will be above HKR this coming season, haha.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:02 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:35 pm
robsraiders wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:45 pm
That's not saying much, most sides will be above HKR this coming season, haha.
If we keep dropping the ball yes, but second half we won yesterday so I take heart from that.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Tough news for ex Hull KR player Mose Masoe, who faces a lifetime of struggle. Hopefully this imitative will raise lots of cash for Mose & players who suffer similar injuries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56428251