Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:01 am

Impressive performance by Wigan last night, as they continue there excellent run against Leeds. Zak Hardaker has an impressive game, apart with his boot. he also scored a fantastic opportunist try.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:27 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:01 am
Impressive performance by Wigan last night, as they continue there excellent run against Leeds. Zak Hardaker has an impressive game, apart with his boot. he also scored a fantastic opportunist try.
Wane has a good headache with his option of Tomkins or Hardaker. Current form I go the latter especially as he can easily cover 3-4 positions.
I thought rugged or robust rather than impressive. Pre game with Leeds injury problems I would have expected more points on the board and I suspect Agar was quietly thinking the same.
Never the less, you can't do much better than 4 out of 4.

KR go again tonight v Udders. Sizer is back which is a boost to them. Hope we have recovered from last week. Looking forward to seeing both our and Cas results.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:59 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:27 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wane has a good headache with his option of Tomkins or Hardaker. Current form I go the latter especially as he can easily cover 3-4 positions.
I thought rugged or robust rather than impressive. Pre game with Leeds injury problems I would have expected more points on the board and I suspect Agar was quietly thinking the same.

KR go again tonight v Udders. Sizer is back which is a boost to them. Hope we have recovered from last week. Looking forward to seeing both our and Cas results.
That’s how I saw the game too tbh.
Big game for KR tonight, the bookies have Huddersfield as favs; I’m not sure about that tbh

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:27 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:59 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Big game for KR tonight, the bookies have Huddersfield as favs; I’m not sure about that tbh
Not wrong. A big, big game. We are not helped by Sizer being back and that we are missing a couple of our big hitters, but if we cut the unforced errors out I am sure we have the movement to get the points.
I took 2/1 with Skybet. Think that is generous.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:27 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Not wrong. A big, big game. We are not helped by Sizer being back and that we are missing a couple of our big hitters, but if we cut the unforced errors out I am sure we have the movement to get the points.
A big 4 pointer game tonight. Surely whoever loses faces a very long season battling at the wrong end of the table to avoid being relegated?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:27 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

A big 4 pointer game tonight. Surely whoever loses faces a very long season battling at the wrong end of the table to avoid being relegated?
Can't find an argument against that.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:30 pm

OK, Kane Linnett has just gone over and we are back in the lead, but I am so close to finished with this game.
First 2 Udders tries were from forward last pass.
We have a try disallowed when an Udders lad clearly threw himself to the floor then a ball that was never under control is deemed to have gone backwards.
Kendall is a disgrace

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:32 pm

Bloody hell, yet another last pass forward try. Unbelievable.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:43 pm

Well, we won. Can't enjoy I am so annoyed.
We not only beat Udders there we beat the video ref as well. (The guy on the pitch had a good game. Can't blame him).
How often do we go on letting sides back in it? Great for the outsider, but not at all good for our nerves.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Lucky lucky Hull KR, as they get away with a blatant penalty which should have been awarded in the last 2 minutes, right in front of the posts.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:50 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:52 pm
Lucky lucky Hull KR, as they get away with a blatant penalty which should have been awarded in the last 2 minutes, right in front of the posts.
Yes we did, but bloody hell, yet again you totally ignore what went on before.
Forget the rest, just explain how that knock on try, clearly seen and disallowed by the ref, was overturned?
And before you say that is my bias, every single 1 of the Sky commentators said the same and I also wrote a scathing piece on my group. Over 300 fans from all 12 clubs have replied INCLUDING 27 from Huddersfield fans so far and every single 1 of them says Kendal should be stood down for that decision alone,
And all you want to do is to bleat over a late steal? Jesus Christ, if that had happened to Wigwam you would have called the steal being crafty and cried for a month about the try.
No I am in no better mood about it this morning. I have said before, apart from games in France home games are the furthest I can travel to SL matches, and I travel to all home and most away.
What is the point of spending up to 16 hours (depending on traffic), plus the expense incurred etc to have a game officiated by such blatant cheating?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Just watched Cats dismantle Salford. While Salford were poor an d their own worst enemies with unforced mistakes I am still not sure what to think of Cats.
While Tomkins is on fire and Castilano is running more and further than ever before I am still not convinced they are a top of the tree side. Lets face it, if the pundits are right they have only faced the sides who are going to scrap relegation.
Looking forward to see how Dull do v Warry tomorrow, and by the end of the coming week I will know how I have got on in the fight to get into our first 2 home games with fans allowed. The ballot results are due on Thursday. Crossed fingers.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:21 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:50 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Forget the rest, just explain how that knock on try, clearly seen and disallowed by the ref, was overturned?
And before you say that is my bias, every single 1 of the Sky commentators said the same and I also wrote a scathing piece on my group. Over 300 fans from all 12 clubs have replied INCLUDING 27 from Huddersfield fans so far and every single 1 of them says Kendal should be stood down for that decision alone,
And all you want to do is to bleat over a late steal? Jesus Christ, if that had happened to Wigwam you would have called the steal being crafty and cried for a month about the try.
No I am in no better mood about it this morning. I have said before, apart from games in France home games are the furthest I can travel to SL matches, and I travel to all home and most away.
What is the point of spending up to 16 hours (depending on traffic), plus the expense incurred etc to have a game officiated by such blatant cheating?
You are so easy to wind up. Yes I know there were some very dodgy decisions throughout the game. It's embarrassing for RL when the ref refers contentious decisions up to the video ref & even with all the camera angles they still somehow come up with the wrong decision.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:37 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:21 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
You are so easy to wind up. Yes I know there were some very dodgy decisions throughout the game. It's embarrassing for RL when the ref refers contentious decisions up to the video ref & even with all the camera angles they still somehow come up with the wrong decision.
I’m not one for knocking refs tbh but this season the standard has dropped off, absolutely no doubt.

KR deserved the win the other night and the try decision was awful. That annoys me tbh, even with technology they get it wrong; common sense is sadly lacking. There was a massive decision in the Wigan Leeds game that basically settled the game. I’m not saying Leeds would have won but the decision meant Leeds basically couldn’t win. I’m talking about the penalty in the last 5 mins against a Leeds player who tried to play the ball when he had cramp, no common sense used again!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:46 am

comeondarlo wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:37 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:21 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I’m not one for knocking refs tbh but this season the standard has dropped off, absolutely no doubt.

KR deserved the win the other night and the try decision was awful. That annoys me tbh, even with technology they get it wrong; common sense is sadly lacking. There was a massive decision in the Wigan Leeds game that basically settled the game. I’m not saying Leeds would have won but the decision meant Leeds basically couldn’t win. I’m talking about the penalty in the last 5 mins against a Leeds player who tried to play the ball when he had cramp, no common sense used again!
Yes, that was a totally shocking decision. OK he was technically correct and the lad should have stayed down, got treatment, then they could have played the ball, but RL players just do not have the mentality to stay down if they can get back to their feet.

Pete, not easily wound up at all, but you and everyone else says we will be scrapping at the bottom. That decision could have cost 2 points and possibly come back to relegate us. That would cost jobs of people I know and care about. Last time, in 17 Hudgie bit the bullet and kept everyone on determined to get straight back and it worked, but we can not rely on that again. As you know, he stood down as chairman. and while still owner he has had to cut back because his other interests have suffered. I was angry at the flippant response, not wound up, and to make things worse, this ex Udders player will still be in a job next year no matter how often he gets it wrong. When the ref on the field stops using the video ref as Moore did then you have to say that there is a problem. Our great game deserves better.
Perhaps a little thought on your behalf before commenting on such serious matters would help!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 pm

So Wigwam have to replace Hastings for next season as he heads back to Aus and Wests.
Bit of a shame as he is a good player to watch

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 am

Nothing is official, I'm sure Wigan will do there best to hold on to him, as you say he is a great player. There is the prospect that due to his residency in England, he could be picked in England's World Cup team, which may persuade him to remain playing in this country. Let's hope so.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:32 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 am
Nothing is official, I'm sure Wigan will do there best to hold on to him, as you say he is a great player. There is the prospect that due to his residency in England, he could be picked in England's World Cup team, which may persuade him to remain playing in this country. Let's hope so.
As he has signed a 2 year contract at Wests I would rather think it is a done deal !!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:46 am

Yes sorry I came on here before checking on the RL sites. It's a crying shame that he is lost to RL in England, but you can understand him wanting to return to his native country. At least we can appreciate his skills for this season.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:46 am
Yes sorry I came on here before checking on the RL sites. It's a crying shame that he is lost to RL in England, but you can understand him wanting to return to his native country. At least we can appreciate his skills for this season.
I am KR through and through, but I love watching good players from any club. Hastings certainly hit that group in the modern era

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:41 am

A below par performance by Saints v Udders, or are Udders better than I think? If so, makes more of our win last week.
Had Wigwam v Cas on a stream at the same time. Now that was a tough game. 12-8 at half time The pie eaters did slightly more the second half and got a 10 point win
Leeds up for KR. As Salford and Leigh play each other 1 of them gets 2 points, though I don't see Wakey picking up anything at Dull. A win for us would be good, though with points differences of -70 and -90 it will take a big defeat for us to drop below either. As Wakey have a -62 our -26 is looking like keeping us in 8th place at least, while any win takes us into the top 6, which is where I said, and still think, we will end up.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:52 pm

16-6 half time.
I tell you what, this KR side are the ones to watch. I have not seen any team near us for throwing the ball about even on our own 20.
I think even Comeondarlo will agree Leeds are very very lucky to be only 10 points down due to a good first half by us and a couple of mistakes from them.
Parcell stopped literally inches short twice. Held up on the floor over the line twice, and a couple of kicks that could have gone anywhere with players from both sides missing the flight.
Lets see what the second half brings.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:51 pm

24-6 at the full time whistle.
Not as good second half from us but we stopped Leeds from scoring again and we went over twice more.
1 day we will put that first 20 together for 80 minutes and some side will get a hiding !!!!!
Takarangi looks some player on his first appearance after starting the season injured. Looking forward to seeing him as he gets game time under his belt.
No excuses for Leeds there. They dropped a few balls with unforced errors but their discipline was poor and in the end got Myler a yellow card for gobbing off to the ref when pulled for a clear forward pass. Game was done and dusted by that point and in truth KR played within ourselves second half.
Table looking a lot better for us now after the last 2 games.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:25 am

Well congratulations to Hull KR on beating Leeds, my predictions of Hull KR fighting against relegation look to be a bit wide of the mark. Wigan for once, were not on the TV, so listened to the commentary on BBC Manchester, but a solid performance to overcome previously unbeaten Castleford.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:31 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:25 am
Well congratulations to Hull KR on beating Leeds, my predictions of Hull KR fighting against relegation look to be a bit wide of the mark. Wigan for once, were not on the TV, so listened to the commentary on BBC Manchester, but a solid performance to overcome previously unbeaten Castleford.
When we get to September and we are still in 6th-7th place I will bring this and my comment saying we would not struggle back up to remind you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:42 am

Watched the Catalan v Warrington game yesterday & I was surprised how easily Warrington beat Catalan. So only 2 sides left with a 100% record.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:11 pm

Wonder how Rob feels about ex-Hull coach Lee Radford, taking over Castleford at the end of the season?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:11 pm
Wonder how Rob feels about ex-Hull coach Lee Radford, taking over Castleford at the end of the season?
I came on to post about this.
I had exactly the same thought as you.
I do not see a good half of Cas's players fitting with Radfords style.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:40 am

Yes I don't think Radford will move Castleford forward, it's probably at best a static appointment & at worst Castleford could drop away from being a top 6 side. I certainly don't think Castleford fans will view Radford as an upgrade on Powell.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:06 am

Here we go again for a weekends action.
First time ever I have had a bet on all 6 matches as an accumulator as 5 of the games seem quite 1 sided to me.
Wigwam to beat Dull
3 away wins tomorrow for Saints, Cats and Cas.
Leeds on Sunday.
The joker in the pack, taking us to win at Warry on Saturday.
C'mon you Robins.