Poolies Feeling The Pinch

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poolies Feeling The Pinch

Post by Old Git » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:17 am

I would prefer a world where Poolie had been crushed and sank into oblivion never to be seen again 😂

OYD
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by OYD » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:07 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:16 am
Back to the original conversation about Poolies. It may sound nasty but I hope it all comes down over there. I'm normally quite pleased to see any north east sides succeeding and would love a time where we are all doing well at higher levels. However, once they allowed RS to get involved after the way he treated our club 10 years ago I'm afraid I can't accept that.
Sadly we didn't really have much choice at the time, it was either Singh/Stelling or going bust.
If things turn to s*** through Singhs future antics we'll only be in a position we would have been if he hadn't turned up.

There are a lot of us who know what he did to Darlo, and a mate of mine who is a very prominent past supporter flattly refuses to go to games while he is in charge, but at the moment he is infinitly better than the bunch of cowboys we had prior to him.

Darlos had Raj Singh we had Gary Coxall.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:08 pm

I do wonder whether Singh is quite conscious of the reputation he has after his time with darlo and wants to shake it off. The downside is that when things went south with us it happened fast

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 pm

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 3760848908

Stay on target Raj !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 am

As many others have mentioned £2.5 million in debt end of 2020 season no income this season, very large squad with a hell for leather final push for promotion, no decent cup runs what are their debts going to be come June 2021 £3-£4 million and not a squeak from poolie fans desperately hoping Uncle Raj 2wants nothing in return" oh yeah heard that before

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:24 am

I get the impression some HUFC fans are a bit nervous - but what can they do?

I know they're sitting nicely at the top end of the league but I'd rather be in our position.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:35 pm

According to DJ we were losing 50k a month in January and February so Poolie are surely losing a lot more at present. Raj may be able to carry on if they get promoted and have access to the TV money but if they do not gain promotion I wonder how long he will carry on for. I think their fans are right to be nervous because it could literally be s*** or bust this season.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:39 pm

Old Git wrote:According to DJ we were losing 50k a month in January and February so Poolie are surely losing a lot more at present. Raj may be able to carry on if they get promoted and have access to the TV money but if they do not gain promotion I wonder how long he will carry on for. I think their fans are right to be nervous because it could literally be s*** or bust this season.
You would imagine they are losing 2 or 3 times as much as our loss with a full time squad, no fans and stadium running costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:01 pm

Having started a thread in favour of Pools (if you think its over) I want to endorse Quakersfan's view. You can't take it out on the club over Singh, maybe we should empathise a bit with their supporters and even Sunderland's over their promotion jitters, we know what it's like after all. I like to dream about winning again at Pool's and driving home for Christmas with all the points. Hartlepool and Darlington belong together - lets remember Bobby Cummings, Gary McDonald, Brain Honour and Cyril Knowles and coming the other way, John Borthwick, Andy Toman, Harry Kirk(?). We all be on the same road. Peace and love, otherwise we're on the road to hell.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:31 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:01 pm
Having started a thread in favour of Pools (if you think its over) I want to endorse Quakersfan's view. You can't take it out on the club over Singh, maybe we should empathise a bit with their supporters and even Sunderland's over their promotion jitters, we know what it's like after all. I like to dream about winning again at Pool's and driving home for Christmas with all the points. Hartlepool and Darlington belong together - lets remember Bobby Cummings, Gary McDonald, Brain Honour and Cyril Knowles and coming the other way, John Borthwick, Andy Toman, Harry Kirk(?). We all be on the same road. Peace and love, otherwise we're on the road to hell.
Written by a Chris Rea super fan :D
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat May 01, 2021 1:18 pm

Yes but whatever happened to Benni Santini? Did he.turn out for Pools?