Darlo make allegation of Racism

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mission Impossible
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlo make allegation of Racism

Post by Mission Impossible » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:25 pm

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport ... ?ref=ebmps

Darlo make allegation of racist remark by a Whitby Town player towards Lexus Beeden

Old Git

Re: Darlo make allegation of Racism

Post by Old Git » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:19 am

Have to say this is totally unacceptable and the club have done the right thing by reporting it. I feel a bit for Lexus as he is only a young lad who has moved to a new area to pursue his football career and is still trying to find his feet. I am sure when he was signed it was seen as bringing in a youngster with potential that we could develop into a first team player. He lacks a great deal of experience but due to the lack of central defenders on the books he has had to play a lot in preseason when he may have expected to be eased in a bit more.
The last thing he needed was some half witted Whitby player making a racist slur at him. As fans we need to support the lad and get behind him and the rest of the team and let him see we appreciate him coming to our club. He is one of ours lets give him our backing and support and hope he proves to be a real asset to our team.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:34 am

Old Git wrote:Have to say this is totally unacceptable and the club have done the right thing by reporting it. I feel a bit for Lexus as he is only a young lad who has moved to a new area to pursue his football career and is still trying to find his feet. I am sure when he was signed it was seen as bringing in a youngster with potential that we could develop into a first team player. He lacks a great deal of experience but due to the lack of central defenders on the books he has had to play a lot in preseason when he may have expected to be eased in a bit more.
The last thing he needed was some half witted Whitby player making a racist slur at him. As fans we need to support the lad and get behind him and the rest of the team and let him see we appreciate him coming to our club. He is one of ours lets give him our backing and support and hope he proves to be a real asset to our team.
Spot on OG 100%.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:34 am

Word out of Whitby is that he was called a "daft c**t" and not "black c**t".
If it was the latter then the player who said it deserves all he gets. However IF he was misheard then I wonder what happens then.....

bga

Post by bga » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:06 pm

loan_star wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:34 am
If it was the latter then the player who said it deserves all he gets. However IF he was misheard then I wonder what happens then.....
Given Whitby have said they will not be commenting then your source must be a whistle blower!

bga

Post by bga » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:09 pm

Given all the years I have been going to football matches I don't ever recall a player calling another Daft I mean how intimidating is that it would certainly frightening the life out of me!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Tbh 'daft c***' is an entirely common northeast (particularly Darlo / Teesside) insult.

Glad the club are backing our guy 100%.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:10 pm

loan_star wrote:
What happens next is nothing. What happens if someone gets found not guilty of something they are accused of in any judicial system.

Based on evidence of cases I've seen it will be down to witness statements of those nearby.

Whitby will get all their players to write statements saying they heard the former I'd imagine.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:13 pm

If whitby players did hear him saying what he's supposed to have said, I'd doubt many of them would just automatically fall into line to defend him.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:03 pm

[/quote]

Whitby will get all their players to write statements saying they heard the former I'd imagine.
[/quote]

What on earth is that comment.

It is probably best to not comment until a full & thorough investigation has been carried out. Until then, speculation on what has/has not been said and conjecture on what certain parties may/may not ask other parties to do is best avoided.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:42 pm

Not so friendly at Whitby but pales into insignificance when compared to Roma v Real Betis
"Roma finished with eight players & Jose Mourinho was sent off after entering the pitch to confront the referee; Lorenzo Pellegrini, Gianluca Mancini and Rick Karsdorp were also dismissed in the pre-season friendly"

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:03 pm
[/quote]

What on earth is that comment.

It is probably best to not comment until a full & thorough investigation has been carried out. Until then, speculation on what has/has not been said and conjecture on what certain parties may/may not ask other parties to do is best avoided.
[/quote]

Well obviously we will see how it plays out...a full and thorough investigation haha. All that happens is a template gets sent to the clubs and officials to submit any witness statement.

The statements are then read and a charge is filed based on the accusation and the accused can either accept or appeal the charge, submitting any counter evidence.

If appealed then it is a verbal hearing with cross-exam where the statements made are able to be challenge by representatives of the accused.

I've read and seen the outputs of cases of things being said many many times up to and including professional level. I've even seen stewards being roped in to write statements flatly denying something was said by a manager / player because the footage shows they were stood near by.

The amount of letter for letter duplicate statements that get submitted by 20 different people is ridiculous.

In an FA case it is up to the accused to prove innocence rather than the accuser to prove what they say happened.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:45 pm

Some comments in this thread are sad.

Thoughts are with Lexus. I hope he is being well supported throughout all of this.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:30 pm

Quite unfortunately people are even worse when they look after their own interests. All I've ever seen in cases before is denial of everything.

Sounds like Lexus has had the support required from us anyway, and hopefully he can come back from it all ok.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:48 pm

bga wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:06 pm
loan_star wrote:
Given Whitby have said they will not be commenting then your source must be a whistle blower!
You could well be right!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:47 am

I thought the referee was the whistle blower🤐