Curzon 31.08

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Curzon 31.08

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:33 pm

Not seen anything on this so thought I would post.

Looks like limited cash entry at Curzon on Monday, see links below if not seen already.

https://www.curzon-ashton.co.uk/news/20 ... 37371.html

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/curzonashtonfc

Would hate anyone to get there and then be looking over the fence behind the goal! :lol:

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Curzon 31.08

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Personally I think clubs should always accommodate cash at the turnstiles rather than having to buy online tickets. Curzon have also set the adult online tickets at a meaty £16.26 and their home attendance against Guiseley was 254, with around a third of them from Guiseley. A fair few Northern League clubs get more than that and it must be challenging operating at this level with support like that. With extremely low levels of support already it's a brave step to bring in largely advance tickets only and no payment at the turnstiles.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Drove over to Manchester yesterday and back today.Traffic from Leeds up to Saddleworth was very slow both there and back.Give yourselves an extra hour fellas.Also there will be Leeds festival piling out on Monday.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:52 pm

At that stupid price I will give it a miss ,not paying for their extortionate fees,

divas

Post by divas » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:08 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:28 pm
Personally I think clubs should always accommodate cash at the turnstiles rather than having to buy online tickets. Curzon have also set the adult online tickets at a meaty £16.26 and their home attendance against Guiseley was 254, with around a third of them from Guiseley. A fair few Northern League clubs get more than that and it must be challenging operating at this level with support like that. With extremely low levels of support already it's a brave step to bring in largely advance tickets only and no payment at the turnstiles.
I expect it’ll catch out more than a few travelling fans, wouldn’t be a surprise to see them reverse the decision at some stage

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:55 pm

divas wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:08 pm

I expect it’ll catch out more than a few travelling fans, wouldn’t be a surprise to see them reverse the decision at some stage
It seems to be happening at all levels of football and no cash at turnstiles is the future I think. It is not without problems. I know there have been ticketing issues at Sunderland. The time and costs involved in dealing with cash payments ( after sale) make itfar more efficient for clubs to use contactless payments than cash. I have been using a contactless card reader in connection with charitable event I am involved in. It made it so easy as at end of event, not only did we have no cash, but the system produced reports of exactly what had been sold ie how many of each item and the costs etc.

Whether that is like Curzon - buying at ticket office only up to 30 mins before ko or paying contactless at turnstiles is I think the only options in the future.

I think Curzon will have to allow people to pay for a ticket up to ko in the future. It will definitely lose them visiting fans who turn up excepting to pay at gate.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:06 pm

spen666 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:55 pm
divas wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:08 pm

It seems to be happening at all levels of football and no cash at turnstiles is the future I think. It is not without problems. I know there have been ticketing issues at Sunderland. The time and costs involved in dealing with cash payments ( after sale) make itfar more efficient for clubs to use contactless payments than cash. I have been using a contactless card reader in connection with charitable event I am involved in. It made it so easy as at end of event, not only did we have no cash, but the system produced reports of exactly what had been sold ie how many of each item and the costs etc.

Whether that is like Curzon - buying at ticket office only up to 30 mins before ko or paying contactless at turnstiles is I think the only options in the future.

I think Curzon will have to allow people to pay for a ticket up to ko in the future. It will definitely lose them visiting fans who turn up excepting to pay at gate.
Of course in the future it will happen, I just don’t think non league supporters are ready for that sea change just yet. We’ve introduced all sorts of technology on the turnstile at BM and I’d doubt any other non league club has as a larger range of options for fans to pay or more sophisticated systems in place. Despite that, removing cash as an option would alienate a good chunk of the fan base, and when you need every fan possible at this level, it’s not a smart move yet

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:52 pm

I can see where they are coming from because of the break ins over the last couple of years. The booking fee is a bit of a piss take mind!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 am

I'm not sure paying £2.60 on top of Darlington home ticket price of £14 will put me off. It's half a pint in a lot of places these days but it does seem a bit steep. There's also 100 tickets available at reception until 2.30. It's the way of the world these days, loads of prices seem to have been raised. Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects at last. It's been a long time!!

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:28 am

First of all thanks for the info MCFC.
I live 10 miles from Curzon and normally go to this game but due to family reasons was going to make a last minute decision on this occasion so now won't have the extra time to pre book the ticket.
I don't blame Curzon Ashton for not wanting to have lots of cash at the ground, but what I don't understand is why clubs can't offer contactless card payments on the door rather than the faff of online booking and then checking.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:54 am

Darl-Zero wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:28 am
I live 10 miles from Curzon and normally go to this game but due to family reasons was going to make a last minute decision on this occasion so now won't have the extra time to pre book the ticket.
I don't blame Curzon Ashton for not wanting to have lots of cash at the ground, but what I don't understand is why clubs can't offer contactless card payments on the door rather than the faff of online booking and then checking.
There is a Football for a fiver scheme there. Join online for £5 then you can buy tickets for £5 a game.

So cost you £10 for Monday.

Says you need to live in Greater Manchester, but anyone can join online
Last edited by spen666 on Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:11 am

Darl-Zero wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:28 am
Their post about this says you can book right up to kick off so you may still be able to make a late decision, you just need to get a ticket sent to your phone rather than pay on the day.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:30 pm

Isn't there an obscure FA rule that there must be at least 1 turnstile where you can pay cash?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:01 pm

jjljks wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:30 pm
Isn't there an obscure FA rule that there must be at least 1 turnstile where you can pay cash?
No?

You think that Manchester United and Liverpool have to have a cash turnstile on their games despite being sold out?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:11 pm

So 2 - 1 to Curzon at the moment, come on Darlo

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:36 pm

Propping up the league at the moment ☹️

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:01 pm

20 to go Charman and Nelson on, come on Darlo

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:14 pm

Come on lads make my day
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:22 pm

Can't even grind out a point against 10 men, very poor....but you know we've got to allow a bit more time before asking questions.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:27 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:22 pm
Can't even grind out a point against 10 men, very poor....but you know we've got to allow a bit more time before asking questions.
Agree, everyone knows what we need, we’ve got to sort out the defence, and not just the 4 lads at the back, it’s got to be a team effort.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:41 pm

How was it? I didn't even get the chance to listen today. Two concerning results to begin the season though. The defence is clearly a problem and i'd imagine we are aiming for more than midtable mediocrity this year - but those results imply that or worse.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Defence was absolutely powder puff. Storey and hedley in particular, they were chucking balls at storey knowing he wasn't winning his headers.

Going forward we were sort of okay, at times, but I don't think we'll be troubling the top half any time soon.

Hatfield good, kds okay, Griffiths okay going forward, everything else just a bit mediocre at best.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:02 pm

We stood off their player and gave him the freedom of the penalty area for the first and allowed the ball to bounce around right in front of the goal for the second with no-one showing any determination or steel to clear it. Schoolboy defending like that is unforgiveable and Curzon couldn't quite believe how easy it was to score. Until this fragile back line is sorted we will struggle to get points on the board because teams don't seem to have to work very hard to score against us.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:18 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:22 pm

Agree only two games in plenty of time before we push the panic button.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:28 pm

LoidLucan wrote:We stood off their player and gave him the freedom of the penalty area for the first and allowed the ball to bounce around right in front of the goal for the second with no-one showing any determination or steel to clear it. Schoolboy defending like that is unforgiveable and Curzon couldn't quite believe how easy it was to score. Until this fragile back line is sorted we will struggle to get points on the board because teams don't seem to have to work very hard to score against us.
Taylor, Beedon and Storey are simply not physical enough for this league, so if we sign 2 Centre Backs will the budget cater for 5 CB’s.The commentators on DFR absolutely agreed about the defending and it was obvious Curzon had done their homework by putting as many balls into our 6 yard box at every opportunity.
Looking forward to listening to AA’s interview because the excuses have to stop now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Sounds like AA is determined to bring in new central defenders this week. "I'm sick of saying the same thing to to the same people." Owch.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:42 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:28 pm
LoidLucan wrote:We stood off their player and gave him the freedom of the penalty area for the first and allowed the ball to bounce around right in front of the goal for the second with no-one showing any determination or steel to clear it. Schoolboy defending like that is unforgiveable and Curzon couldn't quite believe how easy it was to score. Until this fragile back line is sorted we will struggle to get points on the board because teams don't seem to have to work very hard to score against us.
Taylor, Beedon and Storey are simply not physical enough for this league, so if we sign 2 Centre Backs will the budget cater for 5 CB’s.The commentators on DFR absolutely agreed about the defending and it was obvious Curzon had done their homework by putting as many balls into our 6 yard box at every opportunity.
Looking forward to listening to AA’s interview because the excuses have to stop now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Despite his mistake costing us the first goal today I think Taylor showed enough that he could be OK with a decent partner. Storey, however, is a lost cause. Curzon simply pumped it at him the entirety of the game knowing full well he wouldn't win it. It looks like his confidence is completely shot and he has gone backwards.

Beedon looked poor in pre season but has to be given a chance after today's showing. Realistically we need a CB in before Saturday as today's result was wholly avoidable if the CB situation had been sorted pre season.
Craig Liddle is God!!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:45 pm

Just listened the to the interview, Alex Storey has been called out. I think he is been with us long enough and is not good enough and needs to move on, the other centre halves are new young so they need time. Surely we can get a centre half on loan from the North East teams to at least fill the void. I predicted a slow start, and that's exactly what we have got. We have had months to sort out the team and squad and now we are into panic mode already. How long do we give Alun, we are consistently poor starters and we have been no where near the play offs since Gray left.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:46 pm

Picking beedon out is out of order .the lads had little opportunity.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:55 pm

Thought we deserved a draw from this.Three great chances in the second half all well saved by their keeper. Cassidy put himself about a lot and good to see him score. But couldn't understand his headed flick ons seemed to be trying to flick onto a Darlo player who was never in that position so most were wasted balls. Plenty of verbal communication in the first half between players but this dropped off when they went 2-1 up as heads including Hatfield's went down.