New signings?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Alfie
Team Supported: Darlington

New signings?

Post by Alfie » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:31 am

Now that the transfer window is closed can we expect some would-be full timers who didn't get fixed up to be looking for part time employment?

JE93

Re: New signings?

Post by JE93 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:22 am

Alfie wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:31 am
Now that the transfer window is closed can we expect some would-be full timers who didn't get fixed up to be looking for part time employment?
Potentially, although clubs are still able to sign and register un-attached players outside of the transfer window, they are just not allows to transfer player registrations. Far more likely that clubs higher up will either look to loan players out who aren't currently getting much game time to keep them fit, or be looking to off load wages after they made late signings that they maybe didn't expect to become available.

For example Jake Lawlor hasn't started a league game for Hartlepool yet and has largely been out of the match day squad or an unused sub could we potentially bring him in on an initial 1 month loan?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:17 am

Neymar!
Neymar buggers under 6 foot & 14 stone at CB😅

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:39 am

Its now Thursday and no signings.....
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlogramps

New signings?

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:26 am

David Wheater on Twitter:

“I have lost the love for the game after what happened last year but I’ll get it back. I love Alun Armstrong and just need to sort a niggling injury out first then I’d love to come play there. North east boy and came on loan there years ago and loved it”
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:44 am

JE93 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:22 am
Alfie wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:31 am
Potentially, although clubs are still able to sign and register un-attached players outside of the transfer window, they are just not allows to transfer player registrations. Far more likely that clubs higher up will either look to loan players out who aren't currently getting much game time to keep them fit, or be looking to off load wages after they made late signings that they maybe didn't expect to become available.

For example Jake Lawlor hasn't started a league game for Hartlepool yet and has largely been out of the match day squad or an unused sub could we potentially bring him in on an initial 1 month loan?
We do want Lawlor on loan according to Craig Stoddart/Nick Loughlin

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:21 am

Read the last two posts on his thread, and put them together (sorry, couldn't figure out how to put seperate quotes in one post), and there could be a promising future at CB. :roll:

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:06 pm

That post from Wheater sounds promising. . . Depending on the injury.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:30 am

Listening to the latest interview with AA it doesn’t seem that any new faces will be included for this Saturday. He sounds a bit frustrated that so far he has been unable to find a suitable centre half who is willing to come as it has to be an experienced player who can organise the defence. Wonder if he will give Lexus an opportunity to see if he can improve things. He certainly has the physique to be a dominant defender which has so far been lacking.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:01 am

Without reinforcements arriving I was wondering whether we change shape for Saturday and go 5-3-2. Bring Beeden and his size into CB with Taylor and Storey, and just give Beeden the instruction of go and head the ball, anything in the air he is there to attack, if the CF drops deep Beeden goes with him to hassle and Storey and Taylor are there to drop off and cover in behind that. Going forwards it let's us play two strikers and we saw in pre-season Griffiths and Smith are capable of putting good balls into the box.

--------------------------- Taylor ---------------------------
----------- Taylor --- Beeden --- Storey -----------
Griffiths ------------------------------------------ Smith
---------------- Purver ------- Wheatley --------------
------------------------- Hatfield --------------------------
--------------- Cassidy ------ Charman -------------

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:01 am

JE93 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:01 am
Without reinforcements arriving I was wondering whether we change shape for Saturday and go 5-3-2. Bring Beeden and his size into CB with Taylor and Storey, and just give Beeden the instruction of go and head the ball, anything in the air he is there to attack, if the CF drops deep Beeden goes with him to hassle and Storey and Taylor are there to drop off and cover in behind that. Going forwards it let's us play two strikers and we saw in pre-season Griffiths and Smith are capable of putting good balls into the box.

--------------------------- Taylor ---------------------------
----------- Taylor --- Beeden --- Storey -----------
Griffiths ------------------------------------------ Smith
---------------- Purver ------- Wheatley --------------
------------------------- Hatfield --------------------------
--------------- Cassidy ------ Charman -------------
There's not a chance Storey will start tomorrow if Lex and Taylor are fit

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:29 am

Only two games in and I'm getting tired of listening to Alun whinging, he signed these players, and yet he complains they are not good enough. We've had 7 months to sort a team out. I know Alun's teams usually get better later in the season, but given the start York have had (I had them as massive favourites) we really have zero momentum at the moment. A defeat on Saturday and the knives will be out.
Greg Norman

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:05 am

In the case of Storey I don't think AA or the fans have felt he wasn't good enough. He certainly has ability and everyone felt it was a good move that he stayed with us for this season. He has been a decent player for us but has put in below par performances recently for whatever reason. Hopefully he will rediscover the form that earned him a lot of praise in the past. I think there is also a decent footballer in Taylor. It's just that putting the two young players in together hasn't worked in terms of leadership, organisation and aggression. And moves to bring in the right player seem so far to have hit a brick wall despite all the efforts that have been put in.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:29 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Only two games in and I'm getting tired of listening to Alun whinging, he signed these players, and yet he complains they are not good enough. We've had 7 months to sort a team out. I know Alun's teams usually get better later in the season, but given the start York have had (I had them as massive favourites) we really have zero momentum at the moment. A defeat on Saturday and the knives will be out.
If you can point where AA has said any of his new signings aren’t good enough, I’d be very grateful.

He’s said the defenders aren’t playing well (which is true) and has said Storey hasn’t stepped up (again, true).

But I haven’t heard him say the players aren’t good enough.

But that doesn’t fit your agenda, so you twist things to have a moan. There’ll be no knives out this weekend among anyone other than the reactionary gobshites who just seek attention. Most right-minded people will give the new squad time to gel.

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:29 am
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Only two games in and I'm getting tired of listening to Alun whinging, he signed these players, and yet he complains they are not good enough. We've had 7 months to sort a team out. I know Alun's teams usually get better later in the season, but given the start York have had (I had them as massive favourites) we really have zero momentum at the moment. A defeat on Saturday and the knives will be out.
If you can point where AA has said any of his new signings aren’t good enough, I’d be very grateful.

He’s said the defenders aren’t playing well (which is true) and has said Storey hasn’t stepped up (again, true).

But that doesn’t fit your agenda, so you twist things to have a moan. There’ll be no knives out this weekend among anyone other than the reactionary gobshites who just seek attention. Most right-minded people will give the new squad time to gel.
“ reactionary gobshites” the irony

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:47 pm

Darlobill wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:34 pm
Darlogramps wrote:

I take it you are referring to me as gobshite? So I cannot have an opinion? Alun said last season he had no leaders at the back. That's why he brought Tommy Taylor in goal. He hasn't got a leader in defence now - two relatively young centre halves as Hunt has gone.
Greg Norman

Darlogramps

New signings?

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:50 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Darlobill wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I take it you are referring to me as gobshite? So I cannot have an opinion? Alun said last season he had no leaders at the back. That's why he brought Tommy Taylor in goal. He hasn't got a leader in defence now - two relatively young centre halves as Hunt has gone.

Why is the stock response from snowflakes like you when someone disagrees with you to say “So I can’t have an opinion!”

Get over yourself soft lad. You can have an opinion. I can have an opinion.

And my opinion is that your opinion is reactionary nonsense.

I notice you haven’t pointed out where this season AA has said his new signings aren’t good enough.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:52 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:50 pm
Darlobill wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Up to you to decide whether you’re a gobshite or not…..

Why is the stock response from snowflakes like you when someone disagrees with you to say “So I can’t have an opinion!”

Has anyone ever called you Darlogrumps? #justsaying
Greg Norman

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:52 pm
[quote=Darlogramps post_id=478530 time=<a href="tel:1630673443">1630673443</a> user_id=1218]
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:[quote=Darlobill post_id=478528 time=<a href="tel:1630672484">1630672484</a> user_id=22839]
[quote=Darlogramps post_id=478525 time=<a href="tel:1630668552">1630668552</a> user_id=1218]

I take it you are referring to me as gobshite? So I cannot have an opinion? Alun said last season he had no leaders at the back. That's why he brought Tommy Taylor in goal. He hasn't got a leader in defence now - two relatively young centre halves as Hunt has gone.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful PQ you have played right in to his hands. He will now accuse you of losing the argument and resorting to name calling. Personally I think Darlogrumps is quite kind 😄

Darlogramps

New signings?

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlobill wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Oh I’ve been called a lot worse. That one’s not particularly inventive.

Trouble is, that says it all about you. I’ve disagreed with you, and you can’t defend yourself so go down the route of childishness. Makes me think you’re not really serious about your opinion, given how unwilling you are to defend it.

Also still waiting for you to point out where AA has said his signings aren’t good enough. Notice you’ve gone strangely quiet on that point.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:58 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlobill wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I notice you haven’t pointed out where this season AA has said his new signings aren’t good enough.
The problem most people have with your "opinion is not that you have 1, just that you are so bloody offensive towards anyone you disagree with

Darlogramps

New signings?

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:11 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlobill wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

The problem most people have with your "opinion is not that you have 1, just that you are so bloody offensive towards anyone you disagree with
Not everyone I disagree with.

I simply challenge people’s opinions. It’s up to them to decide how they respond. Plenty on here react reasonably. A handful though seem to think they’re above being challenged.

You’ve hurled more abuse towards me and others than I care to remember, so spare me the holier than thou act. You’re more than happy to dish out the “offensive” stuff when it suits you.

Anyway, this thread isn’t a bitch-fest about me. Let’s keep it on topic and leave it there. Any complaints about my “offensive” behaviour, send me a DM, rather than trying to score points here.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:34 pm

It is far too early to be panicking after a couple of games and questioning AA's future. The team look ok going forward, infact play some good football at times. Once defence is sorted think we will have a decent season. As the video's show AA has been trying to get additional players in, what more do some fans want? I am not sure, and certainly cant see a replacement who would be better than AA being available.

Think we just need to keep calm and enjoy being back at live footy again.

"Up the Quakers"

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:00 pm

50 years wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:34 pm
Think we just need to keep calm and enjoy being back at live footy again.

"Up the Quakers"
I’m all for enjoying being back at the football, me especially - I’m loving being back.

But I shouldn’t be happy accepting defeat after defeat (throughout both pre-season and now the league season), just because are fans are back in the ground.

AA absolutely must be given the chance to turn this around, we know he’s trying to bring players in and for whatever reason; it’s not happening. We need to get a win, and fast because these lads are massively short on confidence.

I’ll be there tomorrow, backing the lads best I can - but we need a result.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:11 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlobill wrote:

Not everyone I disagree with.

I simply challenge people’s opinions. It’s up to them to decide how they respond. Plenty on here react reasonably. A handful though seem to think they’re above being challenged.

You’ve hurled more abuse towards me and others than I care to remember, so spare me the holier than thou act. You’re more than happy to dish out the “offensive” stuff when it suits you.

Anyway, this thread isn’t a bitch-fest about me. Let’s keep it on topic and leave it there. Any complaints about my “offensive” behaviour, send me a DM, rather than trying to score points here.
If you simply challenged people's opinions I for 1 would have far less of a problem with what you post as there are times when I totally agree with what you say, but the way you put people down is both insulting and boring, and in most cases overshadows the point you make.
It is funny that you say I "hurl abuse" at yourself and others. Show me a case where I have had a go at you that has not in some way been a reaction to something you have said. You won't be able to.
I would also love to know who all these others are. Yes, I disagree with some comments at times. That is part of what the forum is for, but there is a vast difference between disagreeing with someone's view and the childish way you insult people.
Cut it out and you may find that people are far more likely to discuss things with you in a more amicable way.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:44 pm

*Sigh*

I did request we keep the thread on topic and not have it as a bitch-fest. Sadly Ted’s ridiculous ego means he’s more interested in tedious points-scoring.

Ted, seeing as though you’re choosing to be childish and de-rail the thread, I’m going to reply via DM. I’ve got lots of examples of your unprovoked abusive attacks on other people.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:44 pm
*Sigh*

I did request we keep the thread on topic and not have it as a bitch-fest. Sadly Ted’s ridiculous ego means he’s more interested in tedious points-scoring.

Ted, seeing as though you’re choosing to be childish and de-rail the thread, I’m going to reply via DM. I’ve got lots of examples of your unprovoked abusive attacks on other people.
"Sigh" Ted. .... Point proven!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:28 pm

Ps, no DM sent !!!!

Darlogramps

New signings?

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:35 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:Ps, no DM sent !!!!
Blimey Ted, you aren’t half thin-skinned.

All in good time. At least let me follow the Darlington game first.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:55 pm

I thought Ted was dead?