Jack Lambert and Omar Sanyang

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:23 am

Have signed on non-contract terms.

Fingers crossed they do well for us
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

tdk1

Re: Jack Lambert and Omar Sanyang

Post by tdk1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:28 am

Anyone know anything about sanyang? Couldn't tell from the echo what position he plays, unless I just missed it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:42 am

tdk1 wrote:Anyone know anything about sanyang? Couldn't tell from the echo what position he plays, unless I just missed it.
Think he’s predominantly a right winger. Certainly that’s where he mainly played for Bradford PA last year.

However he can play elsewhere too. Has played on the left, and when we had him on trial in the summer, we tried him at RWB. Also knows Dos Santos from their time at Tadcaster.

Lambert I’m pleased with as I think central midfield is an area we needed cover for, particularly if we’re playing three in the middle.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:00 am

Yeah, I'd say hes more suited to the advanced role Hatfield is currently playing so might involve some shuffling to get him in, but certainly a bit more creativity is always welcome.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:22 am

Lambert is a really good signing if he can get fit and play like he did first time around when he was unlucky I thought not to get a regular start.
Still think our biggest loss in the summer was Campbell, and Lambert has a similar style of play, making good runs and ability to see a creative pass.
Apart from the obvious CH issue, think the 3 central mids are similar in style so needed an attacking midfielder too.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:25 am

I was pretty impressed last time Lambert was here, so pleased with him coming in. He's got talent, so lets hope he can kick on. As Armstrong says, he could be a bit of a Campbell replacement in the squad, which we haven't really had so far. No idea about Sanyang, but good luck to him!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:47 am

Good to see AA is still adding to the squad which will hopefully give us more strength in depth. Certainly don’t think we are missing Campbell and I am at a loss as to why some think he hasn’t been adequately replaced. For me Charman Cassidy and Nelson are the best strikers we have had at the club for some time and Campbell would be on the bench if he was still here.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:55 am

Old Git wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:47 am
Good to see AA is still adding to the squad which will hopefully give us more strength in depth. Certainly don’t think we are missing Campbell and I am at a loss as to why some think he hasn’t been adequately replaced. For me Charman Cassidy and Nelson are the best strikers we have had at the club for some time and Campbell would be on the bench if he was still here.
I don't think that "he hasn't been adequately replaced", and agree that the strikers we have at the club are doing well. However, the type of player Campbell is - drifting into space, playing short passes - hasn't really been replaced by the likes of Nelson and Cassidy, who are very different players. Lambert gives us some of those skills, and thus more options in the squad.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 am

I think that's general agreement then, I'm also happy with Lambert and thought he had some ability last time. I'm surprised to see he had dropped so low in the pyramid, presumably, he just hasn't played at all for a year or so, given I'd assume Hebburn played even less than we did last season. Big chance for him. :thumbup:

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:30 am

al_quaker wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:55 am
Old Git wrote:
I don't think that "he hasn't been adequately replaced", and agree that the strikers we have at the club are doing well. However, the type of player Campbell is - drifting into space, playing short passes - hasn't really been replaced by the likes of Nelson and Cassidy, who are very different players. Lambert gives us some of those skills, and thus more options in the squad.
Ok I accept that Campbell hasn’t been replaced with another player who drifts into space and plays short passes. That was exactly where we going wrong for me. Far too much tippy tapping around the box and not enough shots coming in. Pretty to watch at times I agree but often ineffective and frustrating to watch. Give me the power and directness of Cassidy and Nelson every time over the powderpuff stuff of last season.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:42 am

Old Git wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:30 am
al_quaker wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:55 am
Old Git wrote:
Ok I accept that Campbell hasn’t been replaced with another player who drifts into space and plays short passes. That was exactly where we going wrong for me. Far too much tippy tapping around the box and not enough shots coming in. Pretty to watch at times I agree but often ineffective and frustrating to watch. Give me the power and directness of Cassidy and Nelson every time over the powderpuff stuff of last season.
I'm not disputing any of that, but Lambert gives us some options that we havent got in the squad since Campbell left. I can't see that having the option to play that way is a bad thing.