Kettering v Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by bga » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:15 pm

Great result well played Lads.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:17 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:12 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:That’s a very good result we’ll done lads Image
Great result and character to come back from that own goal. Looking like Lambert could be a helluva signing, Ellis, Smith and Charman to come back, feeling much more positive about this season

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Ron, here with the kids. They didn't have 1 chance all game. Controlled the match and midfield was unreal. Could have got 5.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Consistency is the key. No doubt we can beat anyone in this league on our day. What we need to do is perform at our best week in and week out and then we will become serious promotion contenders.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:38 pm

StevieMardenboro wrote:I keep checking the table . . are we the top scoring side in the division at the moment?? (I know we have played more games than many but still)
Yep we are. Makes you wonder where we’d be if we’d started the season with some half-decent centre backs.

As it is we’re only two points off the play-offs. Approaching a third of the season and things are coming together nicely.

Some people went berserk after the first few games but it was always going to take time after the overhaul we had in the summer. Long way to go and doubtless we’ll have our ups and downs.

But as Old Git says, if we can be consistent, I don’t think a play-off challenge is out of the question.

Going forward, with the likes of Charman, Lambert and Dos Santos, we look really exciting.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Great result. No doubt that Lambert has given us the creative spark in the final third that was missing previously. 3 of our better players missing too.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:14 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Great result and character to come back from that own goal. Looking like Lambert could be a helluva signing, Ellis, Smith and Charman to come back, feeling much more positive about this season

Ron, here with the kids. They didn't have 1 chance all game. Controlled the match and midfield was unreal. Could have got 5.
How did Danny Rose play Adam and who was your MOM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Listening to Alan’s interview he was full of praise for Rose’s performance today. Wonder if he will look to extend his loan spell and give him a run in the team. With him Hatfield and Purver we certainly have some experience in that department.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Old Git wrote:Listening to Alan’s interview he was full of praise for Rose’s performance today. Wonder if he will look to extend his loan spell and give him a run in the team. With him Hatfield and Purver we certainly have some experience in that department.
Beat midfield performance of the season according to AA, Rose, Purver and Hatfield controlled it and we should have scored more.Sounds like some new signings coming in as well which is great news.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Well that was a bit of a strange game, started 4-4-1-1 with Hatfield in behind Cassidy and Lambert and Rivers wide. First 30 minutes I thought we were dire. Lost every header and 50/50, weak against a big strong team, we were trying to come to feet too often which was leading us into congested areas. After Cooper lobbed Taylor with a simple header back I was really fearing the worst. For the rest of the first 30 minutes they were all over us, had space all over the pitch, we couldn't get tight to their wing backs and any time we did it was at the expense of leaving lots of space through the centre. Although despite all of their good work between both boxes you could see why they have scored so few goals, they barely tested Taylor barring a free kick kissing the top of the bar.

Then after 30 minutes and out of nowhere the game seemed to change. Suddenly instead of coming short and into congested areas Lambert was stretching the game running in behind their right wing back and as soon as he was up against the wide CB they couldn't deal with him. Made the first goal by getting in behind the RWB before feeding Hatfield who was taken out before he could get his shot away. Lambert stepped up and put the free kick in from about 20 yards. Guessed the keeper would move to the right and he did and put it in keepers side off the post. Rest of the first half we got into the game without too many clear cut chances, Cassidy ran through and let a shot go from 20 yards as he was bing closed down by one of the defender, which was well saved by the keeper.

Second half it was one way traffic. We were getting our foot on the ball and using the width of Rivers and Lambert to get at them. The centre backs stood up to the aerial pressure much better in the second half. The pressure was building when the second goal came, a few corners in quick succession. Ball came in to edge of six yard box and Cooper was strong to header into the bottom corner. After that we saw the game out well without really giving them much of a sniff. Icing on the cake when Cooper got his body infront of the defender during the second phase of a corner which meant he couldn't do anything but bring him down. Don't know how Hatfields penalty hot past the keeper. He seemed to get his fully body behind it only for it to bobble up over him.

Lambert, 100% man of the match. Some good performances from Hatfield, Cassidy did very well up top on his own, often against 3 CBs. Thought Rose and Purver both worked hard and were solid, certainly got better as the game went on (which is fair as its probably their first match playing together). Good positive result, as other have said we're scoring goals for fun, we just need to keep them out at the other end and we can think of having a positive season.

johninskopje

Post by johninskopje » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:32 pm

Just back from the game. JE93 is absolutely right that we started as if it was going to be Southport Mark 2 but slowly but surely the game swung and from the moment of our equaliser there was only one team in it. Great performances all round, but especially Hatfield and Lambert for me. How their defender stayed on after wiping out Jack just before our penalty is a mystery to me! I was sitting beside the FA Assessor would have loved to see what he was writing!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:48 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:14 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

How did Danny Rose play Adam and who was your MOM.

Rose let nothing by all day. Lambert reminded me of some of Sousa's performances last year. He had their full backs on a string, so he was MOM.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:44 pm

Lambert was the best player on the pitch. I'm thinking we finally have a replacement for Campbell/Sousa

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:52 pm

He is definitely the creative spark we were lacking.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:55 pm

Anyone heard who we might be after in strengthening the squad?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:01 am

I’m guessing Kettering Town FC don’t do highlights 🤔

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:37 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:55 pm
Anyone heard who we might be after in strengthening the squad?
I suspect it'll be a loan signing up front to cover Charman and Nelson until both are fully fit.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:12 am

Great result, I would have been happy with a point before the game, now we just need to find a bit of consistency and try and get into that top half of the table (fingers crossed)

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:21 am

Emdubya wrote:I’m guessing Kettering Town FC don’t do highlights Image
Does this mean there’s no highlights at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:55 am

D_F_C wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:21 am
Emdubya wrote:I’m guessing Kettering Town FC don’t do highlights Image
Does this mean there’s no highlights at all?

I thought every club had to do highlights.

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:00 am

There was a camera on the gantry. I even think they had a commentary team up there aswell, delivering their commentary stood up.

ralphb

Post by ralphb » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:40 pm

Is there any recorded high lights of the Kettering game?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Cooper has managed to suppress all images :lol:

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:27 pm

I thought it was a league requirement to video all games, or has this rule gone , it certainly used to be as there was always contention about not been to show our games until after midnight on Sunday. The Vanarama website is a bit of a mess at the moment.
Anyone clarify what the rules are now?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Kettering have already said they just want to forget about it and move on. Maybe they think if they keep putting off releasing their highlights then it might never have happened :D

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 pm

I guess there won't be a video as it might conflict with their match report. According to that Cassidy should have been sent off, Rivers should have had treatment off the field for the foul that lead to the penalty. And it was a fair tackle and not a penalty. Got to say that I was not at the game so can' t judge.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:29 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:27 pm
I thought it was a league requirement to video all games, or has this rule gone , it certainly used to be as there was always contention about not been to show our games until after midnight on Sunday. The Vanarama website is a bit of a mess at the moment.
Anyone clarify what the rules are now?
I can see the full game so it has been submitted into one set of analysts for upload - not sure whether it is an independent process to submit to the various analysts teams. Kevin will know if there is something different for league and FA.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:31 pm

My opinion wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 pm
I guess there won't be a video as it might conflict with their match report. According to that Cassidy should have been sent off, Rivers should have had treatment off the field for the foul that lead to the penalty. And it was a fair tackle and not a penalty. Got to say that I was not at the game so can' t judge.
Didn’t see the Cassidy incident but Kyle Perry got subbed on for them, seemed to immediately run on and wind up Cassidy, then suddenly Perry was trying to claim he’d been hit in the face. I had thought it was Lambert who was fouled in the lead up to the penalty, but their lad should have been sent off for it, nearly sent him into orbit with the challenge it was late, reckless and overly forceful. He was sent off the pitch with the tackle so technically he should have been treated off the pitch, but they dodged a bullet not getting a red. Penalty was such an easy decision for the ref, Kyle Perry at fault again second ball came across the box and Cooper got his body in the way and flicked the ball around the corner (admittedly out of play) but Perry was there trying to kick through Cooper to get to the ball, easy and obvious pen.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Perry's not the most delicate and subtle of footballers. In fact he makes Jon Parkin look like a stick insect.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:03 pm

JE93 wrote:
My opinion wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 pm
Didn’t see the Cassidy incident but Kyle Perry got subbed on for them, seemed to immediately run on and wind up Cassidy, then suddenly Perry was trying to claim he’d been hit in the face. I had thought it was Lambert who was fouled in the lead up to the penalty, but their lad should have been sent off for it, nearly sent him into orbit with the challenge it was late, reckless and overly forceful. He was sent off the pitch with the tackle so technically he should have been treated off the pitch, but they dodged a bullet not getting a red. Penalty was such an easy decision for the ref, Kyle Perry at fault again second ball came across the box and Cooper got his body in the way and flicked the ball around the corner (admittedly out of play) but Perry was there trying to kick through Cooper to get to the ball, easy and obvious pen.
I listened to a bit of their stream. One of the commentary team refused to give us credit. Called Cassidy a disgrace. Blamed the ref for everything. Think he was frustrated

Wijnhard's_Schlong

Post by Wijnhard's_Schlong » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:20 pm

Highlights now up on YouTube