Kidderminster Game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MinistryOfSillyWalks
Team Supported: Darlington

Kidderminster Game

Post by MinistryOfSillyWalks » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:59 am

Long time member, rarely post.

I'm bringing my 2 boys for the game tomorrow (their first Darlo game!) and I've not been to a game in years.

Where is recommended to sit/stand?

Thanks in advance!

H1987

Re: Kidderminster Game

Post by H1987 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:09 am

If they’re quite young, personally I’d fork out for the seated stand. Sight lines are an issue at Blackwell, so I’d imagine anywhere else isn’t great for kids. The tinshed is always full, and if it’s raining it’ll be even worse.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am

Book your tickets in advance at below, although you should be fine getting a seat on the day. As mentioned the site lines are reasonable from the seated stand.

https://yourclub.darlingtonfc.co.uk/match-tickets

olrad

Post by olrad » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:41 pm

Depends on their ages , I’ve taken my 9 year old nephew along recently and he enjoys the “ atmosphere “ in the tin shed , don’t need to be right in the middle of it to pick up on the buzz (if there is any ) few choice words overheard , but nothing most kids of that age won’t have heard before . If they’re younger you might get away with them sitting down in the seats and there’s always the odd bored kid playing at the open end or on the grass bank if it’s dry enough …. Warning …. They will want something to eat and what’s on offer at the ground is not the best or the cheapest

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:05 pm

No Lawlor or Cooper extension, and no announcement on Rose yet. Means the team pretty much picks its self for tomorrow. Still plenty good enough to give anyone in the league a game. Not sure where Kidderminster will be at fitness wise, but they played midweek after their cup heroics, add to that they have 6 games to play in the next 3 weeks before playing West ham so you'd imagine they will have to be rotating their squad a little. Need to get on the ball and make them chase see how much they've got in the tank. One things for sure, with Austin and Sterling playing for them we can't be giving them space 25 yards out, they're more than capable of scoring some spectacular goals.

‐------------------------ Taylor -------------------------
Griffiths ------- Ellis --- Storey ------- Smith
------------ Wheatley --- Purver -----------------
Rivers ------------- Hatfield --------- Lambert
----------------------- Cassidy ------------------------

Subs: Beeden, Hedley, Dos Santos, O'Neill, (is Sanyang still on dual reg with Pickering?, think he's scored a few goals recently)

Hopefully a good crowd, good performance and a darlo win to sneak us a bit closer to the play offs before a run of 5 games against teams below us in the table where we really need to be aiming for 12+ points from the 5 games if we want to be serious playoff contenders.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:31 pm

JE93 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:05 pm
No Lawlor or Cooper extension, and no announcement on Rose yet. Means the team pretty much picks its self for tomorrow. Still plenty good enough to give anyone in the league a game. Not sure where Kidderminster will be at fitness wise, but they played midweek after their cup heroics, add to that they have 6 games to play in the next 3 weeks before playing West ham so you'd imagine they will have to be rotating their squad a little. Need to get on the ball and make them chase see how much they've got in the tank. One things for sure, with Austin and Sterling playing for them we can't be giving them space 25 yards out, they're more than capable of scoring some spectacular goals.

Subs: Beeden, Hedley, Dos Santos, O'Neill, (is Sanyang still on dual reg with Pickering?, think he's scored a few goals recently)

Hopefully a good crowd, good performance and a darlo win to sneak us a bit closer to the play offs before a run of 5 games against teams below us in the table where we really need to be aiming for 12+ points from the 5 games if we want to be serious playoff contenders.
Yes it looks like the team more or less picks itself tomorrow. The squad now looks rather thin without Rose Lawlor and Cooper. Expect some players to come in soon, especially if Charman goes. If we were to suffer anymore Covid outbreaks we would really be struggling.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:37 am

JE93 wrote:

A little odd to loan out Mondal when we are down to the bare bones?

I see Luke Williams has just left Gateshead. Could be a useful backup option? (I believe he has already had his scheduled major injury for the season)

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:09 am

H1987 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:37 am
JE93 wrote:

A little odd to loan out Mondal when we are down to the bare bones?

I see Luke Williams has just left Gateshead. Could be a useful backup option? (I believe he has already had his scheduled major injury for the season)
I guess the truth is, based on the team above even Iif you were making subs mid game. Either full back you send on Hedley, CM you could send on Hedley or change to 2 CMs and throw on O'Neill, Wide player You'd have put Dos Santos on either side before Mondal, And Upfront you'd throw in O'Neill. So really it's only CB with Beeden which is the untested Sub at this level.

I agree we're a CB, CM and Striker/wide forward light (if/When) Charman leaves. But I don't think letting the likes of Hope and Mondal go out on loan really change the subs you would make in game.

I think I'd rather have a young lad on loan from an academy than Williams due to his injury record. I think he's also more of a central player and we have cover for that position in Hatfield, Lambert and Rivers. Hopefully we can bring back one of Cooper/Lawlor and Rose back. Then I'd hold back on another wider play till we actually needed one through injury (we.can sign new players all the way up.the the end of March unlike the FL) based on the fact we can only fit 5 lads on the bench.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:22 am

Hope the game is not under any threat due to the weather. Been pretty cold overnight and ground still frozen this morning. The lack of sun due to fog and low cloud is not helping the warming process. Wonder if Kiddy travelled yesterday or are coming up today.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:33 am

I think they'll be on their way up right now hoping the game goes ahead - they worked wonders in the cup but I predict a tight game and a possibility of three points for Darlo at 2-1. If not a score draw. I'd like to see Wheater back, having a big timer at the club would encourage the younger players and if he can chug up the pitch still he'll score a few goals.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:10 am

An already tough game has just got harder with Cooper, Lawlor and Rose all returning to their parent clubs.

I don't expect Kiddy to be "saving themselves" for the West Ham game next month either, many of their starting XI will no doubt be looking to cement their places so I don't think they'll have their heads turned too much. They haven't lost in the league since October and could make it 10 unbeaten today, but we do have form for taking points off top sides this season having beaten Brackley and Fylde also Blackwell Meadows has not been a happy hunting ground for Kiddy in the past (up until last "season" at least).

A win today would be a big statement of intent and could be a significant tipping point in our season when you look at the next five games.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:15 am

quaker4life wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:10 am
An already tough game has just got harder with Cooper, Lawlor and Rose all returning to their parent clubs.

I don't expect Kiddy to be "saving themselves" for the West Ham game next month either, many of their starting XI will no doubt be looking to cement their places so I don't think they'll have their heads turned too much. They haven't lost in the league since October and could make it 10 unbeaten today, but we do have form for taking points off top sides this season having beaten Brackley and Fylde also Blackwell Meadows has not been a happy hunting ground for Kiddy in the past (up until last "season" at least).

A win today would be a big statement of intent and could be a significant tipping point in our season when you look at the next five games.
Rose now back till the end of the season.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:21 am

Taylor,
Griffiths Ellis Storey Smith,
Rivers Hatfield Rose Lambert,
Cassidy O’Neill.
That starting lineup would do for me.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:23 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:15 am
Rose now back till the end of the season.
One down, two to go!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 am

Rugby at the Arena is off because of a frozen page but I know the pitch doesn't get great deal of sun. No mention if pitch inspection on our site.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:34 am

bga wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 am
Rugby at the Arena is off because of a frozen page but I know the pitch doesn't get great deal of sun. No mention if pitch inspection on our site.
Yes makes it difficult for the ref to book anyone if he can’t open his notebook 😂

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:53 am

bga wrote:
Always 10 degrees lower in there than on the outside though so no surprise.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:59 am

Emdubya wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:53 am
bga wrote:
Always 10 degrees lower in there than on the outside though so no surprise.
True

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:18 pm

Sore one to lose a goal right at the end of the match

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:57 pm

These are the points dropped that will prevent us making the playoffs I'm afraid. It's already a tall order for us to reach them as we had a very slow start and after 21/22 matches (27 pts) we're over halfway through the season.
We will have to more than double what we have accumulated so far to make the playoffs because at the moment just doubling what we have takes us to 54pts which is nowhere near the bare minimum to sneak 7th. Upper mid-table at best.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:59 pm

Probably sums up about where we are.
Solid mid table team with some good players who will win as many as we lose but not quite good enough compared to the top 6/7 teams overall.
Thought we matched them for parts of the game, particularly first half but never really created anything in final third and faded in second half again. Not sure their keeper made a save and clearly are going to miss Charmans ability to turn a game with an individual goal.
Thought Storey did well considering his lack of game time in recent weeks and was pleased to see him get MOM.
At least a run of games now against lesser teams and a chance to get some consistency.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:03 pm

Overall it was a tight game with few clear cut chances. Very even in the first half and thought they were just a little stronger in the second half. Perhaps the benefit of being full time was the difference at the end of the day. We are at least competitive now with the stronger teams in this league, and I have no doubt that Kidderminster will make the playoffs.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:07 pm

Kidderminster are a good team and have only lost 3 games this season, they may well win the league. I don't think we are a million miles behind the top sides, but we definitely struggle to compete against full-time sides over the course of a season. I hope we can find a goalscorer to replace Charman when he goes and ideally an upgrade on Cassidy. I like Cassidy in that he wins a lot of high balls and links play up well, but he's not a goalscorer and never has been, and you can't get promoted with a number 9 who struggles to score goals.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 pm

No complaints with the result. They always looked the more likely in front of goal. I thought our game deteriorated after the break and we failed to keep the ball well enough and didn't really test their keeper.

The changes we made didn't improve things. Theirs did and the scorer Dinanga once hit a second half hat-trick against us for Telford at BM. Nice to have an option like that. Both Purver and Cassidy didn't look at all happy to be subbed.

Their bigger budget and full-time status obviously helps. It's a pity we didn't have Charman because I think he'd have rattled their defence which in the first half Lambert showed could be got at.

We'll need one of AA's trademark winning runs to make the playoffs.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm

First half - nothing in it. Perhaps Darlo were slightly the better team.
Kidderminster's half time team talk was effective as their work rate seemed to go up significantly. They were able to maintain this to the end whilst we tired, and made ineffective substitutions.
Out of interest, how many full time teams are there in our League? Does anyone know?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:17 pm

As soon as Marcus Dinanga came on, I knew the game was up. :x

Quaker85

Kidderminster Game

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:26 pm

quaker4life wrote:As soon as Marcus Dinanga came on, I knew the game was up. :x
Same here. I was thinking about that second half hat trick. We were in hospitality that game and he came and sat at our table Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Quaker85 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:31 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:26 pm
quaker4life wrote:As soon as Marcus Dinanga came on, I knew the game was up. :x
Same here. I was thinking about that second half hat trick. We were in hospitality that game and he came and sat at our table Image

The lad once scored 50 goals in a season for Matlock Town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet that was an uncomfortable moment...

I was in the Tin Shed and walked out at 2-2, I was waiting at the bus stop outside when a bloke told me it was 3-2 after full time, on the plus side our defending today was significantly better than it was back then!

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:13 pm

At the moment we are one step forward two steps back.
Yes we can blame Covid but lots of teams doing better week in weeks out under Covid. Where are we going as a club on the pitch and off the pitch will hopefully be discussed at next forum.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:37 pm

Thought we played well today but just lacked that goal threat against the top teams that makes all the difference to your season.
Pity we could not have saved some goals from last week!!