Darlington V Curzon Ashton

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Curzon Ashton

Post by jjljks » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:34 pm

As quaker4life rightly pointed out "The only real highlight today was the game being paused cause some shite had been found on the pitch which was somewhat ironic given our display today." It took 30 minutes to discover it!
Should have given it MOTM award

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:54 pm
Whenever we do get a promotion to the National League it will be welcome to finally be at a level once more where we aren't routinely beaten by Curzon Ashton :roll:

Has any team beaten us more in the past 10 years than them?
Dunno about home and away combined, but CA are nowhere near our biggest bogey team away from home (among teams we've played at least three times in the league since 2012/13). They are joint 9th (we've taken 33.3% of the points available at their place). We've got worse away records at Chorley (8.3%), Chester, Southport, Kidderminster, Farsley, Hereford, Stockport, Telford (26.6%). One of these days I'll get round to doing home results and see what the combined stats are.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:50 pm

Haha it's likely a perception over reality!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:53 pm

Having said that, our record against Curzon since getting into the National League North isn’t great.

We’ve lost 6/10 and at Blackwell, they’ve won 3/4 matches played there.

Will bow to biccynana’s superior stats for pre-National League North but I do think in the last five years, you can make a reasonable case for Curzon being our bogey side.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 pm

Funnily enough, our opponents on Saturday, Brackley have become somewhat of a bogey side for us especially at home we have only won once in four meetings at BM drawing one and losing two.

Overall our record against them to date is P10 W3 D2 L5, Curzon on the other hand (including their double over us in the Evo Stik North in the 2013/14 season) is P12 W3 D1 L8 it's safe to say Curzon have very much been of the biggest thorns in our side over the last decade adding another league double over us this season.

As for the NLN overall I'd say we've had more bogey grounds than bogey teams, we haven't won at Chester, Chorley, Kidderminster or Southport whilst we've been in this league with them but have beaten each of them at Blackwell over the years. Our happiest hunting ground must surely be BPA, they've never managed to beat us at their place although they've won on their last three visits to BM!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:26 am

I've seen Curzon beat York, at York possibly twice? The thing is their name!! It kind of conjures up non league mediocrity when in fact they are a competent, mid table National league North team - who could very probably finish above us in the table this season.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:31 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:26 am
I've seen Curzon beat York, at York possibly twice? The thing is their name!! It kind of conjures up non league mediocrity when in fact they are a competent, mid table National league North team - who could very probably finish above us in the table this season.
They do well in managerial appointments and I think their ground / facilities allow them to compete.

That said I know they were blown out of the water by Buxton's budget this season when Cunningham moved.

Buxton will be a good bet to do well next season, their playing budget is certainly greater than ours and their title is not an "against all odds" story.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:52 am

lo36789 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:31 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:26 am
They do well in managerial appointments and I think their ground / facilities allow them to compete.

That said I know they were blown out of the water by Buxton's budget this season when Cunningham moved.

Buxton will be a good bet to do well next season, their playing budget is certainly greater than ours and their title is not an "against all odds" story.
;) Doped.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!