Management

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Management Team

Stick with TW & AW & see it come good.
69%
Get rid & act fast to save the season.
31%

Total votes: 65

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Management

Post by loan_star » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:30 am

H1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:14 am
Just had a google as i'm bored at work.

Sanny Lingthep - No club
Mitchell Glover - No club
Harry Stansfield - No club
Brandon Morrison - No club (appears to have been picked up by Pickering and didn't make it there)
Thomas Lycett - No club
Kieron Dunn - No club
Ciaran Banks - No club
Jack Vaulks - Shildon

Out of all those players that regularly constituted our entire bench under TW, only one of them actually still plays football. Only one of the others actually even got a go somewhere else. No disrespect to any of them and I'm sure they're all levels about my seven a side ability, but it's is a damning indictment that TW chose them to fill our bench while blowing our budget on unfit players from the midlands and subsidise their travel. A complete disaster, and unlike TW, AA had a real rebuild that actually improved our squad. TW inherited a reasonable squad and made it worse in nearly every way.
Glover and Stansfield have been playing this season, the latter in the northern league.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:40 am

I remember seeing Glover score a penalty earlier this season for Glossop - but he does seem to have not come back from Christmas.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:46 am

And who can forget "one of the most technically gifted players I have ever worked with" Alex 'Electric Pace' Henshall. I think Tommy said the same about Glover having a huge future in the game.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:09 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:46 am
And who can forget "one of the most technically gifted players I have ever worked with" Alex 'Electric Pace' Henshall. I think Tommy said the same about Glover having a huge future in the game.
Somewhere between him trying to convince us Johnny Burn was as good as the Josh Heaton we sold and him releasing Phil Turnbull and signing Liam Hughes as a replacement, I lost complete faith.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:33 pm

JE93 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:09 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Somewhere between him trying to convince us Johnny Burn was as good as the Josh Heaton we sold and him releasing Phil Turnbull and signing Liam Hughes as a replacement, I lost complete faith.
Plus he was totally unprofessional with several senior players Dave Syers for one who should have stayed but TW tried to offload him whilst telling him he was definately in his plans, just don't get caught speeding by him trying to prove his word against yours.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:03 pm

JE93 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:09 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Burn should have been better, major disappointment with how he turned out.
Hughes piled on about 2 stone between signing and then turning up for preseason training. No doubt his personal demons didn't help his cause.

DavidCurriesMullet

Post by DavidCurriesMullet » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Hughes has done quite well for Matlock, I think it is, this season.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:20 pm

DavidCurriesMullet wrote:Hughes has done quite well for Matlock, I think it is, this season.
Yes he’s their captain. I was hoping they would get promoted as my mate supports them. Still I can always hope Stockton get promoted on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:55 am

loan_star wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:30 am
H1987 wrote:

Sanny Lingthep - No club
Brandon Morrison - No club (appears to have been picked up by Pickering and didn't make it there)
Thomas Lycett - No club
Kieron Dunn - No club
Ciaran Banks - No club
Jack Vaulks - Shildon

Out of all those players that regularly constituted our entire bench under TW, only one of them actually still plays football. Only one of the others actually even got a go somewhere else. No disrespect to any of them and I'm sure they're all levels about my seven a side ability, but it's is a damning indictment that TW chose them to fill our bench while blowing our budget on unfit players from the midlands and subsidise their travel. A complete disaster, and unlike TW, AA had a real rebuild that actually improved our squad. TW inherited a reasonable squad and made it worse in nearly every way.
Glover and Stansfield have been playing this season, the latter in the northern league.
Fair enough, I was relying on Google. Mind you, not setting the northern league on fire really does show how out of their depth those lads were.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 02, 2022 11:12 am

It was Hughes who passed the ball to Thommo to assist in Thommo's wonder lob goal. One of the best goals I've seen at Blackwell Meadows.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon May 02, 2022 5:58 pm

I liked Hughes as a person and he clearly has some footballing talent, but he was initially signed as a midfielder and was just quite obviously incapable of playing the position due to his weight. While there's obviously personal responsibility to consider, the management are responsible for the players too.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:09 am

H1987 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 5:58 pm
I liked Hughes as a person and he clearly has some footballing talent, but he was initially signed as a midfielder and was just quite obviously incapable of playing the position due to his weight. While there's obviously personal responsibility to consider, the management are responsible for the players too.
Agree and certainly would hope that mental wellbeing and appropriate handling of that was prioritised over "well we signed you as a midfielder". One is literally life or death, the other is just football.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:11 am

H1987 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:55 am
loan_star wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:30 am
H1987 wrote:

Sanny Lingthep - No club
Thomas Lycett - No club
Kieron Dunn - No club
Ciaran Banks - No club
Jack Vaulks - Shildon

Fair enough, I was relying on Google. Mind you, not setting the northern league on fire really does show how out of their depth those lads were.
Glover didnt seem to come back after the Christmas break mind. I don't know if he had a club after that point.

I saw him score a penalty before that point for Glossop North End.