Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: Raj Singh

Post by shildonlad » Sat May 07, 2022 11:30 am

quakersfan wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 7:30 pm
To me Houchen was a much worse chairman and Scott & Sizer were equally just as bad all about the money not the club.
Who on earths houchen?
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat May 07, 2022 12:12 pm

quakersfan wrote:
To me Houchen was a much worse chairman and Scott & Sizer were equally just as bad all about the money not the club.

As I remember Scott and Sizer were just money lenders - all they wanted was their money back and I can't see anything wrong with that. They ended up owning the Arena by default then got rid of it ASAP.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat May 07, 2022 2:17 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 11:30 am
quakersfan wrote:
Who on earths houchen?
I obviously meant Houghton not Ben Houchen.

Darlogramps

Raj Singh

Post by Darlogramps » Sat May 07, 2022 3:18 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
quakersfan wrote:

As I remember Scott and Sizer were just money lenders - all they wanted was their money back and I can't see anything wrong with that. They ended up owning the Arena by default then got rid of it ASAP.
Correct, they were very up front about the fact they wanted nothing to do with the club, just their money back.

Indeed I seem to remember them holding meetings with fans etc to make that point clear.

Houghton defaulted on the loan repayments so they got the land and the stadium, if my memory serves me correctly.

As a broader point in response to quakersfan, I’ve never understood why we need to rank Reynolds, Houghton and Singh in order of worst owner. They were all awful and did massive damage to the club for their own selfish reasons. That’s all that needs to be said. We don’t need a Dreadful Darlington Owners league table.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:18 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 12:12 pm
quakersfan wrote:

And charged us a peppercorn rent in the interim whilst trying to shift it.