Retained list

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retained list

Post by Spyman » Thu May 12, 2022 5:27 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:D_F_C, do you think that the budget would support 22 players to start the season? I think it would be closer to 18 players.
Agree with this. Mondal provides cover for the wide positions and striker, Hedley covers both full-back slots and Purver can also drop back.

We could do with adding a Rob Purdie type who can play anywhere!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu May 12, 2022 6:06 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:D_F_C, do you think that the budget would support 22 players to start the season? I think it would be closer to 18 players.
Maybe, maybe not. When you look at the retained list it included 28 players.

Don’t think 4 wide men of KDS, Lambert, Rivers and Mondal is good enough for playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darloed19

Post by darloed19 » Thu May 12, 2022 6:30 am

D_F_C wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:49 pm
Assuming that Griffiths, Hope, Rose & Lowe sign:

GK
Taylor
(Martin)

LB
Need one
(Hope)

RB
Hedley
(Griffiths)

CB
Wheater
Lawlor
(Need one)
(Need one)

CM
Rose
Moke
(Lowe)
(Purver)

Wide Midfielders
Lambert
KDS
(Rivers)
Need one

Strikers
Hazel
(Mondal)
Need one
Need one

I'd guess it'd be something close to this
That CM doesn’t have the attacking presences to get us in playoffs.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 12, 2022 12:05 pm

darloed19 wrote:
D_F_C wrote:

GK
Taylor
(Martin)

LB
Need one
(Hope)

RB
Hedley
(Griffiths)

CB
Wheater
Lawlor
(Need one)
(Need one)

CM
Rose
Moke
(Lowe)
(Purver)

Wide Midfielders
Lambert
KDS
(Rivers)
Need one

Strikers
Hazel
(Mondal)
Need one
Need one

Says who? This isn't a computer game.

If we play with Hazel as a loan striker, Lambert behind and then a couple of wingers either side then it's likely we'd have two deeper midfielders behind them (I think the kids call it a 'pivot' these days).

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darloed19

Post by darloed19 » Thu May 12, 2022 12:16 pm

Spyman wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:05 pm
darloed19 wrote:
D_F_C wrote:

GK
Taylor
(Martin)

LB
Need one
(Hope)

RB
Hedley
(Griffiths)

CB
Wheater
Lawlor
(Need one)
(Need one)

CM
Rose
Moke
(Lowe)
(Purver)

Wide Midfielders
Lambert
KDS
(Rivers)
Need one

Strikers
Hazel
(Mondal)
Need one
Need one

Says who? This isn't a computer game.

If we play with Hazel as a loan striker, Lambert behind and then a couple of wingers either side then it's likely we'd have two deeper midfielders behind them (I think the kids call it a 'pivot' these days).

Have you not seen the midfield this season

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:22 pm

There is something missing. It's too solid almost.

Need the player who will drive into the attacking third with the ball more than anything.

It's a division below, and his travel wouldn't add up, but Bohan Dixon at Warrington Town is the type of player I'd be looking for.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu May 12, 2022 4:52 pm

See Beck has been released from Harrogate.

DavidCurriesMullet

Post by DavidCurriesMullet » Thu May 12, 2022 4:56 pm

I think Hedley looked better at Left Back than he did Right last season, so leave him there.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Thu May 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Rose now confirmed. Excellent news!

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu May 12, 2022 5:07 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:04 pm
Rose now confirmed. Excellent news!

Yep that’s brilliant 👍👍

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:48 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 4:52 pm
See Beck has been released from Harrogate.
Not the only one. Lewis Page (LB), Joe Leesley (LW) and Ryan Fallowfield (RB)

I think Page might hail from down south based on his accent.

Could be potential options depending on their motivations to stay in full time football.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu May 12, 2022 6:51 pm

Have Beck back in a heartbeat, don’t know the other players, any attacking midfielders amongst them?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:51 pm
Have Beck back in a heartbeat, don’t know the other players, any attacking midfielders amongst them?
I don't know many of the others.

Fallowfield is a right back, Page is a left back and Leesley is a left midfielder. They released a keeper as well.

Be interesting to see who York, Gateshead, Guiseley and Halifax let go.

Darlogramps

Retained list

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 12, 2022 11:10 pm

Interesting to see that Rose has tweeted he’s joining as a player-coach (something not mentioned by the club).

Wonder if that’s a similar arrangement to Rivers in helping coach within the academy, or whether Rose will also be helping the first team.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 am

Darlogramps wrote:Interesting to see that Rose has tweeted he’s joining as a player-coach (something not mentioned by the club).
ItS A COnspIrACy!

DC

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Fri May 13, 2022 9:05 am

Pleased to hear Rose has signed, for the first time in many seasons I believe we have a very strong base to start from & add too over the coming months, baring injuries next season should/could be very exciting

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 13, 2022 4:09 pm

South Shields have just confirmed that Nathan Lowe is not on the retained list.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri May 13, 2022 4:14 pm

That would be a great signing for central midfield, something different to Moke, Rose. I think Lowe's based in Wigan and obviously he's been on a full-time deal at Shields.

The player that the Shields fans seem most disappointed to see released is Danny Rose's brother Mitch. Sounds quite versatile in his wiki profile... "tough tackling, intelligent, box-to-box central midfielder, who enjoys breaking up play, Rose played regularly as a holding midfielder in front of a back four; he can also play as right-back and centre-back as well as his favoured central midfield position." He's from Doncaster.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri May 13, 2022 8:58 pm

We could actually field a reasonably strong team with those we have right now. Not one that will make the play-offs without some additions, but not one that would be relegated either. Contrast that with our position 12 months ago - a big difference.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:49 am

Spyman wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 am
Darlogramps wrote:Interesting to see that Rose has tweeted he’s joining as a player-coach (something not mentioned by the club).
ItS A COnspIrACy!

No, just bad communication again.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:52 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:14 pm
That would be a great signing for central midfield, something different to Moke, Rose. I think Lowe's based in Wigan and obviously he's been on a full-time deal at Shields.

The player that the Shields fans seem most disappointed to see released is Danny Rose's brother Mitch. Sounds quite versatile in his wiki profile... "tough tackling, intelligent, box-to-box central midfielder, who enjoys breaking up play, Rose played regularly as a holding midfielder in front of a back four; he can also play as right-back and centre-back as well as his favoured central midfield position." He's from Doncaster.
Mitch Rose also has an ABH conviction from as early as 2021 for assaulting a man & woman (fracturing the woman’s cheekbone).

I’m not convinced of the message which that would send if we signed him.

Lallacab

Post by Lallacab » Sat May 14, 2022 5:57 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:49 am
Spyman wrote:
ItS A COnspIrACy!

Totally agree , and for me happens far too frequently! Wether it be this , not announcing the length of contracts (has improved recently) , not discussing the situation of injured players or giving answers as part of the question when in interviews, I feel we miss some huge opportunities to engage with the fan base properly

In this instance appointing Rose as a player coach is a huge appointment by the club in my opinion. I’ve thought that AA and DH have needed some support for sometime now and to get someone who is one of our better players and a UEFA A coach is big step forward for the club

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 14, 2022 6:28 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:52 am
LoidLucan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:14 pm

Mitch Rose also has an ABH conviction from as early as 2021 for assaulting a man & woman (fracturing the woman’s cheekbone).

My rugby club (KR), have exactly this problem at the moment. Brad Takarangi was done recently for driving the wrong way along the A63 while drunk and hit a police car, hurting 1 officer badly.
The club is split between getting shot and keeping him. MY take is that having lost a cousin and an uncle in 2 accidents to drunk drivers had he gone to prison I would be glad, BUT, the court gave a judgement and he is paying a penalty. While I understand people saying they are role models I do not believe anyone should be deprived of the right to earn a living once the court judgement is complied with. To say "No they should not play again" is too simplistic for me.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat May 14, 2022 7:26 am

Happy to see return of Rose to squad, even if this is combined with coaching & perhaps doing his badges?
Guess that AA gave Cassidy a last chance by putting him into back 4 for last home game, but he did not look a natural.
Would like to see Lowe given another chance to get into the team as some signs of talent when he did get onto the pitch for us.
Still short of a few key players, but think we are in a stronger position now than same time last year. No longer relying on players turning up at last minute, hopefully get a few friendlies in before the season starts so we have settled on our best starting XI

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat May 14, 2022 4:11 pm

For me getting a good preseason in is a must to get the team up and running before the season starts. Because of the situation last year it was impossible to start on the front foot .this season has got to be the season of positive progression. Hopefully making it into the top 7 and playing good football from back to front quickly with direct passing .AA can only spend what the budget is plus BTB from the fans. So over to you fans let's try beating last year's or at least equaling it.👍

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat May 14, 2022 4:34 pm

Callum Cooke released from Bradford and is from Peterlee. Doubt he’d drop to this level and will probs stay in league 2

Lallacab

Post by Lallacab » Sat May 14, 2022 4:57 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:34 pm
Callum Cooke released from Bradford and is from Peterlee. Doubt he’d drop to this level and will probs stay in league 2

Would be unbelievable at our level

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 15, 2022 10:30 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
ItS A COnspIrACy!

It was a joke.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 15, 2022 11:41 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:52 am

Is there a point in someone’s life where they are allowed to do the job they are good at without someone saying their past behavior, which they have paid a price for, doesn’t preclude them from such work?
Not having a dig, just asking the question.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun May 15, 2022 11:57 am

Didn't we give a chance to Gary Twynham after he had spent some time locked up?